Re: Quick question!
Thanks guys! been busy working all week but the GPZ has got me there and back no arguments so far!
I'm missing the heated grips of my old bike, and even though this one seems pretty good it has showed me just how together and maintained my old bike was when I sold it.
Niggles so far:
1. very hard to downshift into 2nd or 1st sometimes. Partially solved by slightly pushing shift lever towards engine as well as down. (also might have vanished all together this evening on way home, so maybe something was sticking and has now freed up)
2. rear brake is abysmal! better today after dragging it some on the way home yesterday, looks like the disk was or is quite heavily pitted - will replace if needs be after xmas.
3. quite rough idle (but holds and doesnt stall), also a little slow to pick up from about 4-5k rpm - will benefit from a good tune up, but I'm loath to do that until I have the time, warmth and parts to perform a full up valve adjust, fog mod, k&n airfilter, fuel filter, carb tune and balance. And prolly new plugs while Im at it, brought my old bike to life in one hit, hopefully it will do the same again!
4. oil is over filled - gonna change it along with the filter this weekend hopefully.
5. damn my thumbs are COLD!!! might have to acquire some heated grips.
6. did I mention the cold thumbs?
7. as is typical too much slop in the cush drive, will shim to a better fit when I get the chance.
Despite all that and a huge to do list of "tidying up" to get through I'm loving being back on a motorbike, makes getting to work through traffic easy as!