Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: duro tires......very good from my experience  (Read 4704 times)
ex_dsmr

« on: August 09, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »

so some might remember a couple months ago i was looking to replace a rear tire with a little "upgrade". i couldnt justify spending big money on a mismatched set and didnt feel like replacing a front that was barley 2000mi old. so i went with a duro hf918 sport from americanmototire.com. shipped and everything it was under 75 and that was with faster shipping.

i must admit i was a bit skeptical but not anymore. i have been pushing my bike more and more and these tires have loads of grip unlike most reviews ive heard from the "shins". even comming home in the rain tonight i had nothing but extreme confidence. these feel LOADS better than the stock bridgestones. when i pushed the bike it felt like it was going to lose grip at any second. i can really rail with the new duro. even tho its advertised as a "long wear" tire its alot stickier than the stocker.

sure, there are better tires out there, but if your on a budget and need a quick fix but still want to have fun..i reccomend the duro. and it even looks like a more expensive tire Tongue
EX-500.com
Advertisement
ydant

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:14 AM »

Sweet.  Thanks for the review.

What I'm really trying to find is some 80/20 dualsport tires, but I can find nothing that comes in a 16" f/r. :-/

The only 16"s I've found are too knobby.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:06:32 AM by ydant » Logged
bitzz

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 12:25:40 PM »

Sweet.  Thanks for the review.

What I'm really trying to find is some 80/20 dualsport tires, but I can find nothing that comes in a 16" f/r. :-/

The only 16"s I've found are too knobby.

Try Treleborg, from Sweden
FOG
FOG
Post Whore Superstar

DO not send me PMs such messages will be dumped. E

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »

I've been telling every body   "Round Black ones"

FOG

I hate PMs if you want to contact me, find my email address.
eignub

Apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

I've been telling every body   "Round Black ones"

FOG

DAMNIT! I've been putting triangular blue ones on my bke. must be why my ride isnt so smooth. ill have to look into the...black round ones. i have to agree with ex_dsmr though, the stockies dont feel good. thats why i thought triangles would work, those tips would dig right into the road.

The hardest part isn't finding what you need to be, it's being content with who we are. - The Ataris

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
ex_dsmr

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »

while i do agree fog, i thought id give some props to this tire/mfg because people seem to think cheap= like riding on ice. the shins are pretty cheap and everyone hates them because they are known to have very little grip. i wanted to dispell that myth at least with these tires that cheap does not = crap. they are so good i might buy a complete set when this and my bridgestone front wear out. everyone seems to think that you have to shell out alot for a decent tire, and i wrote this to say thats just not true with a little more emphasis than "black round ones"

i like to hear reviews on products, and my hope is that maybe this will help someone out.
m-clar70

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:13:21 PM »

i bought a kenda from dennis kirk for like 80 bucks shipped, and it handled wayyy better than the stock one i replaced, but it wore out super fast so i got a pirelli sport demon for about 30 bucks more and it is like night and day as far as performance is concerned, i'm now a pirelli fan, to me its worth the extra dollars for sure.
ydant

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »

while i do agree fog, i thought id give some props to this tire/mfg because people seem to think cheap= like riding on ice. the shins are pretty cheap and everyone hates them because they are known to have very little grip. i wanted to dispell that myth at least with these tires that cheap does not = crap.

These are the same people who think that, after a few weeks of riding, they have attained a skill level above what the stock tires can handle.
ydant

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »

Try Treleborg, from Sweden

I looked around and couldn't find anything concrete on them as far as purchasing.  Their production plant isn't in Sweden anymore, either.  They sold the name and molds off to another company, apparently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: