Greetings from Portugal
Hello every one, Hope you are all doing great and riding lots.
My name is Filipe, I've registered on the forum quite a while ago, but only now I'm posting for the first time.
I bought a 1987 GPz500 a few months ago and other than having to replace chain and sprockets Its been working very well. There are still a few bits that I need to source, like the cooling reservoir cover bit for the inner fairing and the cover bellow the front fairing as well, which are missing.
So far I've:
- Replaced all fairing nuts and bolts for new ones (previous owners just stuck whatever random one they could find to replace missing ones).
- Replaced left handlebar and riser (Original one was bent)
- Replaced chain and sprockets (Can you believe this nearly 33 years old bike still had the original ones??)
- Replaced oil and oil filter
- Replaced both silencers for nearly new OEM ones (Found the pair in Germany for €50)
- Found online and fitted an original unused Pyramid Plastics solo seat cowling (I was so lucky with this one!)
- Added geeky WipeOut and Evangelion decals (I know... Couldn't stop myself)
I still needs some work for it to be to my particular liking, like:
- Front fairing with round twin headlights (I only found this online once in a German GPz500 Facebook Group, it going to be really really hard to get this one, I assume)
- Inner left fairing cover for coolant reservoir
- Bottom cover for front fairing (red)
- Pair of OEM rear blinkers
- I still need to adjust my steering as the handlebars point slightly to the left in order to go straight, I'm assuming the forks might be twisted.
And some other bits I'll remember about as soon as I post this.
Second picture is the fairing I'm lusting after,
Cheers to every one x