I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the engine when I opened it up for the valve adjustment and clutch spring swap. I think I have a good one. The odometer shows 3100 miles and I believe that to be accurate. Went for a spin up and back on my street and all ran well. Carbs need adjusting and the power seems good when it was getting enough fuel.
I need to wire in my Solo 2, oil pressure and neutral lights then there are a few bolts that need safety wired. After those items I’ll get busy with the fairing, windscreen and paint.
The only parts from the original bike are the forks, wheels, carbs and chain.
The fuel tank is not useable although it doesn’t leak. I did find a new fuel tank for it so that’ll go on when it arrives.
It’s a relief to see progress towards the finished product and the junk parts making their way to the scrap bin.
Last spring I had I bike that I felt I did too much work on. This spring I hope i do enough.