The Official Post Whore Thread - Page 1948 - Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R
 153Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #48676 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-12-2019, 9:47 AM
Senior Member
 
00ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,944
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-woppa View Post
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten us. How are things going with you?
Thanks buddy! Definitely haven't forgotten. It's just life in general. All positive but just so consuming. This is great little forum and so glad that you, Ducatiman and others (I apologize if I missed someone) have a done a great job taking care of new members and the forum in general.

I can't believe I have a been a member for nearly 10 years. Time flies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Current: 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle ("Scrambled Eggs")
Previous: 2000 Ebony Ninja 500R ("Nina")(2009-2016)
00ninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #48677 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-12-2019, 5:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
K-woppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE MA
Posts: 3,296
 
Thanks. Last year we agreed to take on the moderator role because, honestly, we had been watching things go downhill here for some time.

Fortunately, ducatiman and I are on the same page. Because we had both identified the same issues from way before that point, we were able to quickly develop a vision for how to keep this forum relevant now that the scenario has largely shifted to young people riding old bikes. That is, try to make the place friendlier for new members and make it easier for them to learn how to work on their bikes.

We've certainly had some large obstacles thrown in the path right from the start, but I think we've still managed to make a bit of progress, and we're not done yet. This really is a good forum. We have a number of members who make some great contributions, without drama. That's what we like.
ducatiman likes this.
K-woppa is offline  
post #48678 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-12-2019, 7:57 PM
Senior Member
 
00ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,944
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-woppa View Post
Thanks. Last year we agreed to take on the moderator role because, honestly, we had been watching things go downhill here for some time.



Fortunately, ducatiman and I are on the same page. Because we had both identified the same issues from way before that point, we were able to quickly develop a vision for how to keep this forum relevant now that the scenario has largely shifted to young people riding old bikes. That is, try to make the place friendlier for new members and make it easier for them to learn how to work on their bikes.



We've certainly had some large obstacles thrown in the path right from the start, but I think we've still managed to make a bit of progress, and we're not done yet. This really is a good forum. We have a number of members who make some great contributions, without drama. That's what we like.
That's great news, Congrats. Sounds like you two have done a great job getting everything back in order and on track.

One of the reasons I have always enjoyed this forum is the great discussions on various topics whether related to our beloved little Ninja or not.

The forum has had it share of ups and downs but so glad it's back up, so to speak.

Nice work fellas!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Current: 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle ("Scrambled Eggs")
Previous: 2000 Ebony Ninja 500R ("Nina")(2009-2016)
00ninja is offline  
 
post #48679 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
 
I wonder how many posts I need before I'm allowed to include links and images in my post...
N234 is offline  
post #48680 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
 
La-di-da
N234 is offline  
post #48681 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 6:06 PM
bpe
Senior Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 5,211
 
Garage
^ I don't think there is a minimum for that.
There is a 15 post minimum to do PM's. I'm pretty sure you can post pics from the git-go.

2006 Ninja500R Purchased new July 2006; 0 miles. Miles as of January 2019; 102,137. It's a GO bike, not a SHOW bike.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bpe is online now  
post #48682 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 9:21 PM
Super Moderator
 
K-woppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE MA
Posts: 3,296
 
I shall look into that right now.
K-woppa is offline  
post #48683 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 9:37 PM
Super Moderator
 
K-woppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE MA
Posts: 3,296
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N234 View Post
I wonder how many posts I need before I'm allowed to include links and images in my post...
It says minimum 5 posts. You should be good. I check every day to see if the anti-spamware has quarantined anything, which it does on occasion, so if it tries to block something you try to post I'll see it and approve it.
K-woppa is offline  
post #48684 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-13-2019, 9:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe View Post
^ I don't think there is a minimum for that.
There is a 15 post minimum to do PM's. I'm pretty sure you can post pics from the git-go.
Not a fan of the 15-post minimum :P

Just picked up an '05 from a friend and now I am going through getting everything freshened up. It is good to see the 500 community is still active. Most forums would be long obsoleted.
KeithM is offline  
post #48685 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-14-2019, 6:46 AM
bpe
Senior Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 5,211
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-woppa View Post
It says minimum 5 posts.
But yet I see members putting up pictures in their first post.
Example:
https://www.ex-500.com/31-introducti...-commuter.html

2006 Ninja500R Purchased new July 2006; 0 miles. Miles as of January 2019; 102,137. It's a GO bike, not a SHOW bike.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bpe is online now  
post #48686 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-14-2019, 9:46 AM
Super Moderator
 
K-woppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE MA
Posts: 3,296
 
Except for the new forums that I set up, every one, including Introductions, is set to 5 minimum posts before attachments or links are allowed. The thread you referenced may have gotten quarantined for some reason and I approved it, and that's why it wen through. That's my guess. I will keep an eye out to see if forum software let's any get through. It shouldn't because it's programmed not to.
K-woppa is offline  
post #48687 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-14-2019, 1:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-woppa View Post
It says minimum 5 posts. You should be good. I check every day to see if the anti-spamware has quarantined anything, which it does on occasion, so if it tries to block something you try to post I'll see it and approve it.
Good now! It definitely did not let me do it the other day. I don't mind it since it won't bother me again. Let the newbies eat cake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motogk blurry pic.jpg (20.0 KB, 6 views)
N234 is offline  
post #48688 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-14-2019, 4:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
 
Bump
N234 is offline  
post #48689 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-18-2019, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
 
K-woppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE MA
Posts: 3,296
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N234 View Post
Good now! It definitely did not let me do it the other day. I don't mind it since it won't bother me again. Let the newbies eat cake.
That looks like fun.
K-woppa is offline  
post #48690 of 48691 (permalink) Old 5-19-2019, 3:44 PM
Senior Member
 
00ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,944
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-woppa View Post
That looks like fun.
Oh yeah.....totally looks like fun.

Current: 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle ("Scrambled Eggs")
Previous: 2000 Ebony Ninja 500R ("Nina")(2009-2016)
00ninja is offline  
bpe
Senior Member
 
bpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 5,211
 
Garage
@K-woppa
PM sent, let me know if you didn't get it.

2006 Ninja500R Purchased new July 2006; 0 miles. Miles as of January 2019; 102,137. It's a GO bike, not a SHOW bike.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bpe is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome