Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

K&N oil filter Part number KN-204 or KN-303

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tigerepair 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am going to do my first oil change soon.

The mechanic that I go to uses K&N oil filters and that's the brand that has been on the bike the last few years. I like that it has a 17mm nut on the end, and if it aint broke don't fix it, right?

So I'm going to go with K&N again. I have seen conflicting info on this forum as to which part number I need.

I have seen both KN 204, and KN 303. Bike is a 2006 (username is a typo)

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I don't want to derail you decision but if I do and you see that it is for the better then, you`re welcome! If not than I am glad you took my opinion into consideration!

I too purchased a few different k&n's and then requested cancellation in light of more research. I ended up going with the Purolator PBL14610 BOSS compared to cut open videos of both and dozens of reviews and material on riding the fence between the two, I decided that was the way to go. I can go deeper into the nuances if you wish but I urge you to do your own research and don't dismiss the boss without due diligence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.