Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

swing arm bearing replacements

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  castorp 
#1 ·
I'm going to do the swingarm/unilink service again and was thinking I should go ahead and replace the swing arm bearings this time. (I have handling issues, and a tiny bit of vertical play there). I was wondering if I should use tapered bearings and if so where to get them. I've done a few searches. I'm not turning up much on swing arm bearings for this bike--not anyway tapered bearing. I think I'mm finding the original Kawasaki "needle" bearings.

I know next to nothing about bearings, so I don't know if there are standard sizes that are interchangeable or if they are very bike specific.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

I'm going to be replacing bit by bit all of the bearings on the bike--wheels, steering head, and swing arm but the swing arm bearings are the ones I'm not finding.

Thank you.

#3 ·
thank you. My clymer is telling me it's kind of hard to tell if the swing arm bearings are worn out or not, and because I've got a lot of miles on the bike (60K) and because I'm dealing with a bit of vertical swingarm play, I thought I'd just play it safe and put in new ones while I'm doing a lot of other stuff. I will order the Kawasaki needle rollers unless some one can tell me of a higher quality replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.