Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Let's see your bikes

431K views 3K replies 762 participants last post by  ducatiman 
#1 ·
2006 Red EX-500

[attachment deleted by admin]

#5 ·
mine's still in progress...2006 dropped twice in less than 90 days with 2 broken fairings. that's when i decided the mirrors/turnsignals are designed for 1 thing:to buy another fairing!!!

things i'm doing about it:led pod lights/blinkers in out air ducts
barend mirrors (i can finally see!!!)clear alt rear turn/brake integrator

should be done in a couple on weeks

#6 ·
Here is the "old" version, i have a couple added things plus its a work in progress, but ill take some rough pictures of what it looks like this afternoon.

Janinja

#10 ·
Sorry i went back and changed the links to the correct site....they should work now.

Janinja

#17 ·
nicoj122 said:
phobos, nice looking bike. if i can give you my opinion, i think you should take the reflectors off. the ones where the engine is, its only one bolt that holds them on, real easy to remove.
Funny you should mention this...Last week I was looking @ webbikeworld and found a company called StreetGlo that makes retroreflective decals for cars and bikes...They make specifically a product meant to be used on black motorcycle frames called "superblack" - it's very black in the day time but at night when light hits it it's supposed to be superbright white so that people can see you. I ordered up a 2-pack of this stuff and it should be in my hands today (I think it actually came yesterday but we didn't check our mailbox)...I'll post pics and a review when I'm done.

Also, I am planning on attempting installation of some Gregg's Customs flushmount signals on my bike (black with clear lens), as well as a Clear Alternatives integrated rear LED setup. We've been talking about this some over at diycycle.info.

#18 ·
These are the closest pics I have to most current. The only difference being that I've added some diamond plate "wings" on the sides of the headlight to cover some wires and hold my turn signals. Those are only temporary, I keep jumping back and forth between just slapping on a bucket headlight and riding it like a standard or repairing the fairings and making it look really nice.

#22 ·
Knightslugger said:
What's up with the Kanji?
Well Knightslugger, I'm not sure if you remember me from the ole ex500riders website or not but here is the story.

Had a low speed, target fixation spill in a tight corner that cost me the upper fairing. OEM part too much $$, more $$ to color match blue color, decided on black instead.

Tried various ways to bring the blue color into the new black fairing to "even the colors out," but had been unsuccessful and the current results are still debateable. I found a 5 x 8 sheet of chrome blue decal material that matched the color very well, but it was just a rectangle. Finally came up with the idea to find the word "Ninja" in Kanji style writing. Found the appropriate symbol on the internet, printed it out to size, then used the print sheet as a stencil as I traced the Kanji with an exacto blade.

Very difficult to apply, these picts do not show the flaws. Probably will remove at some point, the bike is just one big canvas to me right now.

#26 ·
-92 kawasaki gpz500s(here in europe i think its gpz, not ex :p)
i just bought sarachu alu-canisters and waiting for them to arrive!
ahh, the winter feels so long because its little difficult to ride here these days :)
(hope this is not a double post)

[attachment deleted by admin]