Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a hat under the seat and now it's stuck. When the dealer delivered my bike the seat was stuck then, too, but they were able to get the seat off somehow. Are there any tricks anyone can share? I am very frustrated...

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
While turning the key to the right, press down on the rear of the seat near the grab-bar, then pull up on the seat from the back.
I keep my cargo net under the seat and sometimes removing it requires gentle persuasion.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I never have this problem, my seat is held down BY the cargo net. the lock has no key, so I took the lock off completely.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
my lock is still there, but its disconnected from latch mechanisim. instead i have a zip tie hanging down. when i need to take it off i just pull down on the sip die.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
+1 to the idea of pressing down on the seat (this will make it easier for you to muscle the key to get the latch to turn with something stuck in there)

R

·
0 Posts
Whenever I ride with saddle bags, I have to punch down the rear of the seat while turning the key. In my case, with enough punching, it eventually lets go of the seat.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This happened to me the first day I had the bike. I put my lock underneath the seat without tying it down, while riding it slipped off the tool kit and right under the latch mechanism. Pushing and manipulating the seat did absolutely nothing!! What I did was press down and lift alternating from left to right on the rear end of the seat. Once you've pushed it to the most it will go, use something to pull that hat out (I ended up using some BBQ tongs). Just move it out enough to clear the latch, then open that seat and forget about putting your hat in there again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, glad I'm not the only one. I struggled with it for a while then told my BF. He came over, assessed it for about 10 seconds, then popped the seat off like there was nothing wrong with it at all... :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts