Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I Just found this forum while researching for some parts.

A few weeks ago I just picked up this project bike for the winter. Came with a clean title and was only $50. The frame is straight and motor seems to be in great shape. It did come with the original exhaust as well its just not shown in the pic.

It is a 08 EX-500. I plan on stripping it down to the frame and getting the frame re-powder coated and turning it into a naked café racer.

Other than eBay what is a good place to search for a gas tank for this thing?

Also any other helpful Advice or anything that I should be aware of?

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow $50/clean title is an amazing deal! looks like a fun project. definitely have your work cut out for you. how good are you at wrenching? going by your name, i'm guessing craigslist in alaska won't have too many ex500 tanks but hey you never know. dunno how deep you plan to get into the motor but always worth checking valves on these machines, they tighten up fast as hell. if you spend a few hours on the how to section that covers the usual problems pretty well
I'm decent at wrenching. I do all my own work on my other bikes. But this will be my first rebuild ever. So I guess I will find out how good I am. I will check the valves! Thanks for that

1 - 2 of 2 Posts