Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new ignition from eBay for my project bike, the last owner lost the keys and it had sat for years.
I installed the new key ignition and plugged in the harness. The lights and power come on fine, signals, horn, etc work fine but I can't get the start button to work.
Here are some pics, if that helps.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Finger Automotive exterior
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fluid Finger
Automotive lighting Finger Bumper Gas Nail
Wood Finger Gas Thumb Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
you have the right switch for the bike. pity the connections to the old one have been cut off.
it should work try tracing the wires through the block connector sometimes the E-bay stuff is wired incorrectly,
you know what I mean brown goes to brown red to red white to white that sort of thing. if that checks out. it's time to get the multimeter out and find where the power source is missing from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you have the right switch for the bike. pity the connections to the old one have been cut off.
it should work try tracing the wires through the block connector sometimes the E-bay stuff is wired incorrectly,
you know what I mean brown goes to brown red to red white to white that sort of thing. if that checks out. it's time to get the multimeter out and find where the power source is missing from.
I'll have to try there. Yeah the last owner handed me that old ignition cut apart like that.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Is the "Engine stop" in the run position?

Reactions: yorkie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts