·
Super Moderator
14,705 Posts
an old thread worth reading

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
After reading that thread I started tapping my IC ignition Box and low and behold we got some spark, tho intermittently. Unfortunately the ignition box is not repairable. I’m going to recheck the coils check the fuses and connections as well as the starter solenoid and load test the battery and all the ignition components but I’m also having trouble finding and ic box for this model

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Once the engine is running again, check the output from the voltage regulator. It's not uncommon for these to fail and when they do, the most common symptom is unregulated voltage which can take out other electronics, chief among them the IC Igniter. I'm not guaranteeing this will be the root of the problem, but it is worth checking. While it's not a particularly common issue, the igniter does sometimes just crap out. An inherent risk with any old electronics.

·
Super Moderator
14,705 Posts
I'll wager many (if not vast majority) suffer from internal circuit board solder joint failure. The potting prevents any accessibility, otherwise likely repairable.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts