Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 1993 EX 500 1993 Kawasaki EX-500 3884 miles, great condition, always garaged. New tires and battery last year, stock everything. Just had the carbs serviced. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
thats awfully low miles for a 93. what does the seller want for it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1500, he's the second owner but didn't ride it much, the first guy was in the service so it sat a lot.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I would be looking very closely at it to make sure theres no leaks anywhere, when a bike sits for a long time, as that one did, the seals can dry up and not seal anymore. count on replacing tires and possibly cleaning carbs out to make it really safe to ride. if you can, talk the seller down to 1000 or 1250 for it. it'll cost a few bucks to put tires on, maybe same for carbs, if you're not mechanically inclined, and check the airbox for nexts and crap too, when things sit, rodents have a tendancy tomake homes in there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New tires and carbs just serviced. He had numerous calls on the $1500 but since I called first I have 1st dibbs. I think I'm pulling the trigger on this one.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Keep us updated :)

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I just bought a "new" 2004 will 300 miles for $2500. It does have rashed cans and a damaged front fairing. I figure I can live with those for awhile.

I gotten a number of old bikes that have had low miles on them, but needed tires, fork seals, carbs rebuilt, brake hoses, radiator o-rings, etc....
If it isn't leaking, as mentioned above, and it has been serviced and new tires, you may be OK at the $1500.

I know guys that buy old bikes for a few hundred, clean up the cosmetics and sell them for prices that I would be ashamed to mention.
(Because they are clean low milage bikes, buyers don't always think of fork seals, batteries, carb work, tires, brake fluid, rad flush, hoses, fuel lines, etc.)
It is hard to believe it, but a '93 is almost a fifteen year old bike, so stuff happens even if it just sits there.

If you can do alot yourself, of course, that is great!

Good luck! You will like the bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts