Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 500R front axle allen wrench hex size??:

I've searched and searched to no avail. It seems like a 16mm allen socket size to remove the front wheel axle on a 2005.

Anyone know for sure? Or have a service manual you could check real quick!!?

Then it seems like Sears might be the best place to buy one for around $8ish. Any better places? Hmmm, harbor freight have something of that size?

Ideas welcome! ;D

Thanks fellas! (and girls).

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just bought one at sears and it was 7.99 (exactly as Knights had said in an earlier thread. Good memory there!) Sears makes good tools so unless it's a lot cheaper somewhere else that's pretty good. Also, FOG was selling a 12mm hex adapter you could use use a 12mm socket for $5 plus shipping. Look in the For Sale section I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent! I have about four 10mm around but nothing larger. So thank you both... going to pick one up this weekend!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'll have to check sears for one then. Last time I needed to work on my front brake, I was looking everywhere for one of those.. O'reileys, Home Depot, a local bike shop and a local hardware store... no one had one. I almost resorted to getting a long 12mm nut and putting a wrench on that!

·
Registered
36 Posts
2001ex500 said:
I just bought one at sears and it was 7.99 (exactly as Knights had said in an earlier thread. Good memory there!) Sears makes good tools so unless it's a lot cheaper somewhere else that's pretty good. Also, FOG was selling a 12mm hex adapter you could use use a 12mm socket for $5 plus shipping. Look in the For Sale section I think.

Thanks for the info, I needed it, I'll be picking it up later today when it opens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts