Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Ninja 500r in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition.

20792 miles and rising (I ride it several times a week).

I’m the second owner. Bought it in 2019 with about 19k miles from a CA owner where it spent the first 12 years of its life in the desert - dry and rust free. Never been down and well maintained.

Fork seals, petcock, front brakes, and front braided brake line have less than 1k miles.

A few tasteful upgrades - Corbin seat, tank grips, K&N washable air filter, and rentec crash cage but otherwise stock.

Runs like a champ, I’ve never let it sit unfired for more than a week so no issues with the carbs gunking up. Tires, chain, and sprockets have decent life left in them.

$1900 OBO. Clear title in hand. Test rides with endorsement and cash in hand.

No longer for sale. Traded locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,123 Posts
@motoyuki85
You will have to list the new price, or this will get deleted.

Edit: Disregard. I assume you edited the price to $1900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. Just for clarity - old price was $2500. New price is $1900.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow, that's a big drop. That bike would last 2 minutes in Chicago, even at original asking price. It's a great looking bike.

Guessing the onset of winter is starting to hurt selling prices? If so, any chance you can store it over winter and sell for higher in spring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow, that's a big drop. That bike would last 2 minutes in Chicago, even at original asking price. It's a great looking bike.

Guessing the onset of winter is starting to hurt selling prices? If so, any chance you can store it over winter and sell for higher in spring?
Possibly. I’m over winterizing carbed bikes though. And my wife has put her foot down and told me no new bikes come in unless a bike goes out. There’s 4 in the stable and that’s my limit, apparently. And I really wanted a newer injected bike.

I panicked when I saw dealers locally selling better examples for less money. If dealers are selling that low, I’m unlikely to see what I want on the local private party market, ever. I traded this in yesterday and got what I believe was a fair (albeit low - it was a dealer trade) price and kept my Corbin. I’ll be listing the Corbin here soon. Applied the trade towards a 2017 FZ-07.

I’m still kinda in the family though - one of the remaining bikes in the stable is a power train sibling, a Vulcan 500. And definitely still a Kawi fan. The project bike slot in the stable is currently occupied by a Voyager XII.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats on the FZ....although it doesn't exist without pictures. :)

For me the secret to winterizing carbs is keep treat the fuel with a stabilizer (I personally use Stabil 360, but there are ton of great alternatives on the market) well ahead of time so that it works its way throughout the entire fuel system, and leave the float bowls full. All 3 of my kids dirt bikes start great in Spring, as does the lawn mower and weed wacker.

I've done the draining of the float bowls before, and a couple of the dirt bikes pissed fuel out of the carbs when I turned on the fuel tap in Spring. I guess they didn't like being dry, so I quickly went back to my stabilizer and full float bowl routine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Possibly. I’m over winterizing carbed bikes though. And my wife has put her foot down and told me no new bikes come in unless a bike goes out. There’s 4 in the stable and that’s my limit, apparently. And I really wanted a newer injected bike.

I panicked when I saw dealers locally selling better examples for less money. If dealers are selling that low, I’m unlikely to see what I want on the local private party market, ever. I traded this in yesterday and got what I believe was a fair (albeit low - it was a dealer trade) price and kept my Corbin. I’ll be listing the Corbin here soon. Applied the trade towards a 2017 FZ-07.

I’m still kinda in the family though - one of the remaining bikes in the stable is a power train sibling, a Vulcan 500. And definitely still a Kawi fan. The project bike slot in the stable is currently occupied by a Voyager XII.

Let me know when you want to sell that corbin seat, I'm definitely interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts