Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A chance to own an almost brand new (32 original miles) Kawasaki Ninja 500R. Original owner and have kept it clean and warm in a garage. It has never seen rain or snow. It has never been dropped or been in an accident. Bought the bike and decided not to ride it, now it’s time to let it go to a better owner who can really enjoy it!

Brand new battery (changed 5 days ago)
New synthetic oil and filter change.
Two original keys

You will never be able to purchase this bike in any store and in this new condition.

In order to test this bike, please have two items:
1. Driver’s License
2. Full Cash payment
No exceptions. We will meet at a police station to ensure safety for all.

Call: 781-240-9953
C8544AF5-4DD9-4AC0-9D9E-62F44B8C20E9.jpeg
D41DDD09-479F-434B-9FD7-E47F7FEC85D3.jpeg
3D2497AA-3F08-48F7-965B-955F3BC79C8B.jpeg
AFE4394A-CB8A-4BD9-95FC-8BCEB9CE05BB.jpeg
9C7CA647-D824-4E75-BD09-013C834516C0.jpeg
616DEE7F-AEC2-4ECF-BF6B-B0A14C84BA49.jpeg
2527263B-0DC4-4130-BC61-40A887B2823D.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone on this site who wants this bike, I’ll lower it to $3500. This is firm, I will only offer this excellent bike till this weekend. Pls mentioned that you saw it on EX-500.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Overpriced? Please show me listings of in new condition and mileage for cheaper.
hi bud. not trying to wind you up or anything but a bike is worth what someone will pay for it. although in new condition it's 11years old and only done 35miles but the tyres will probably require changing I know the states have different rules to us in Europe but tyres or tires have to be changed at 6 years old. regardless of mileage. it is not a current model nor a classic now if it was a 89 gen 1 in the same condition. yeah classic bike at classic prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi bud. not trying to wind you up or anything but a bike is worth what someone will pay for it. although in new condition it's 11years old and only done 35miles but the tyres will probably require changing I know the states have different rules to us in Europe but tyres or tires have to be changed at 6 years old. regardless of mileage. it is not a current model nor a classic now if it was a 89 gen 1 in the same condition. yeah classic bike at classic prices.
No worries, I was simply saying that for you to say it’s “overpriced”, you should qualify your statement with facts. In this case, if you know of other sellers in the world with this condition at a cheaper price, I’m happy to see it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
hi bud. here in the UK we never got the EX 500 after 2003 because Kawasaki could not meet the legislation of the EU. and pulled it form sale the last models we got were priced @ £2350 (about 2600 USD) one came up for sale brand new last year abandoned stock zero miles never been on the road asking price £2800 he sold it eventually for £2500 to a collector. I hope you get the price you want I really do. only for my money £3500 would be for a 2020 Honda 500 efi not bike that needs it carbs pulling every 1000 miles. sorry not for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi bud. here in the UK we never got the EX 500 after 2003 because Kawasaki could not meet the legislation of the EU. and pulled it form sale the last models we got were priced @ £2350 (about 2600 USD) one came up for sale brand new last year abandoned stock zero miles never been on the road asking price £2800 he sold it eventually for £2500 to a collector. I hope you get the price you want I really do. only for my money £3500 would be for a 2020 Honda 500 efi not bike that needs it carbs pulling every 1000 miles. sorry not for me.
Lol, then you are in the wrong forum, we like to pull carbs and work on our bikes. Cheers!

·
Registered
715 Posts
oh boy if only. two EX's so many off's and on's in the last 4 years now I just shout at them and they jump off all on their own LOL.

edit. must say though I can now pull them off strip them redo them and put them back in less than 30 mins. practice makes perfect (smiley thing)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh boy if only. two EX's so many off's and on's in the last 4 years now I just shout at them and they jump off all on their own LOL.

edit. must say though I can now pull them off strip them redo them and put them back in less than 30 mins. practice makes perfect (smiley thing)
Lol, the last time I did carb work on a bike, I threw the thing out and bought a new one! 😅

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Btw, I checked on the exchange rate and based on today’s exchange, £2800 is about $3500, so when you cited that your bikes there are cheaper and it’s a 2003, well, guess again!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yorkie: Member since 2017 and over 500 posts

Moto007: member for less than a week and under 10 posts

I think it's pretty cool to have something that condition, but then if I bought it I wouldn't want to ride it and ruin the one thing that made it worth that premium... to me It's not rare or classic enough to be a collectable and not be used... So it's kinda a catch 22.

Even with low miles some work has to be out into it. You already did the battery, but still tires, carbs probably need to be cleaned if there was any gas in them, and of not maybe need to think about gaskets and seals for everything.

For me the money would be better out towards a newer bike.

Like I said it's a beautiful bike and I hope you get what you want for it and some one is super happy with it. To me the appeal of the ex500 was it was super cheap and parts aplenty so as a first bike I wasn't afraid of dumping it and I could learn how to fix things and generally learn everything I can.

It's just in between for me... Old enough to not have the perks of some of the tech of new bikes, not old enough to be a classic... Not as cheap as most EX500 but obviously in much better condition.

I'm sure it's worth $3500 to the right person.

Most who I've talked to on here strike me as the buy a project and make it their own and learn than buy one that's perfect .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yorkie: Member since 2017 and over 500 posts

Moto007: member for less than a week and under 10 posts

I think it's pretty cool to have something that condition, but then if I bought it I wouldn't want to ride it and ruin the one thing that made it worth that premium... to me It's not rare or classic enough to be a collectable and not be used... So it's kinda a catch 22.

Even with low miles some work has to be out into it. You already did the battery, but still tires, carbs probably need to be cleaned if there was any gas in them, and of not maybe need to think about gaskets and seals for everything.

For me the money would be better out towards a newer bike.

Like I said it's a beautiful bike and I hope you get what you want for it and some one is super happy with it. To me the appeal of the ex500 was it was super cheap and parts aplenty so as a first bike I wasn't afraid of dumping it and I could learn how to fix things and generally learn everything I can.

It's just in between for me... Old enough to not have the perks of some of the tech of new bikes, not old enough to be a classic... Not as cheap as most EX500 but obviously in much better condition.

I'm sure it's worth $3500 to the right person.

Most who I've talked to on here strike me as the buy a project and make it their own and learn than buy one that's perfect .
Thks for your thoughts. I can say for sure this is NOT going to be a project bike. This bike has no carb issues, starts right up and idles right around 800rpm. It shifts smoothly thru-out all gears and has been slowly broken-in under 4000rpm. There are no gasket or seals issues as you have mentioned. This bike has been well cared for.

This bike is for the beginner or someone looking for a cheaper alternative then shelling out 5-6k for a 500-600cc bike and doesn’t want to have any troubles in the near future.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Not sure about what they sold for over there, but the last list price for the gpz500 here was £4120 which is about 5000 usd.
Cant remember whether it was Bonhams or Sothebys sold a mint condition 2000 year gpz 500 with 19 miles on the clock last year for £6100, about 7300 usd, add on the fee's and that takes it over £7000 so around 8500 to 9000 usd.
A bike like yours at only just over 10 years old has not reached the "collector" stage yet (needs to be over 15 yrs old for that here) but in that condition with such low mileage would comand a premium price.
A 99 year bike with less than 1000 on the clock recently sold (on EBay) near me for £2750, thats about 3250 usd so for me personaly, I dont think the price your asking is to far away from the bikes true value.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I always say...a motorcycle is worth whatever the buyer wants to pay for it! I've listened to so many stories where people have talked a seller down unbelievably low and where others seemed to pay too much than what other's think it was worth.
If you have the money, want that specific bike then it's worth whatever YOU think it is!

Plus, Moto007 is in Chicago where everything is a little higher-priced. In the states you'll find BIG differences in used car/motorcycle prices depending on what state you live in. Generally, like the tax rates, the southern states are going to be cheaper.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Couldn't agree more.
I always say...a motorcycle is worth whatever the buyer wants to pay for it! I've listened to so many stories where people have talked a seller down unbelievably low and where others seemed to pay too much than what other's think it was worth.
If you have the money, want that specific bike then it's worth whatever YOU think it is!

Plus, Moto007 is in Chicago where everything is a little higher-priced. In the states you'll find BIG differences in used car/motorcycle prices depending on what state you live in. Generally, like the tax rates, the southern states are going to be cheaper.
Couldn't agree more. This bike is worth the asking price to the right person. And Chicago does have high bike prices, which is why all of the bikes I have bought since moving from CA have been bought in either MI, WI or the boonies.

I like Jay Leno's principle of riding/driving the machines you own; enjoy them rather than letting them gather dust in some collection. I buy my bikes to ride. My 996 is my "somewhat" collector bike, but I definitely ride it.

The OP's will become just another nice condition EX the moment someone actually rides it. The value comes from having just 32 miles and not planning to add to that number....

·
Registered
325 Posts
..... This bike has no carb issues, starts right up and idles right around 800rpm.....
I'm not the resident expert on Ex's around here by any stretch of the imagination, and I invite other peoples opinion here. 800 RPM might be too low for an idle speed. Just because it can doesn't mean it should.

My 1200 Suzuki Bandit could idle around 800 RPM easily too, but this was a damaging practice; the bike needed 1,200 RPM to really get oil up to the cams for lubrication.

If it were me, I'd bump the idle to 1,200 +/- 100 to get to back to where Kawasaki recommends....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts