Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finally got my Streamline AirTech parts. Ordered 12-15-20 received 2-9-21.

I thought I ordered them sooner than that, even though these folks made me real uneasy, they did come through. If you order from them know you WILL wait for them, especially if you order the whole set, I understand they don't keep the parts laying around they actually custom make them as they get orders for each piece.

Automotive design Creative arts Art Wing Wood
Comfort Automotive design Interior design Wood Floor
they did

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dry fitting, and a little sick, so that might have contributed to A LOT of frustration fitting. The tail is close and not going to resin in any pegs or nothing. Decided to use a spring or even a zip tie to go across the top of the fuse box from side to side of the tail to hold it tight. I am afraid that once it is resined in that it will be so tight that it will just crack things trying to pull it out of the rubber bushing hold 'em things. since it is one piece I just made a aluminum brace and used the one screw that held the original centerpiece of the fairing to the bike that is behind and under the handle by the seat.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Fender

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Finally after a little over a month got some progress done with paint and getting the headlight sorting started. Got a little run and a little orange peel, but I can live with it since it will be a daily driver.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part
Building Tints and shades Space Engineering Fixture
Automotive design Reflex camera Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Camera
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mirrors for a ex650, a new looking headlight off of a zzr600, not doing the LED just not happy with it right now, Installed some decals and yes some stickers to make it faster, and the disaster of fish eye I will get to fix next weekend maybe.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Leg Art Automotive design Fender Flooring
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Amber Orange
Automotive lighting Automotive design Art Red Material property

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got the upper on the bike and wired the Proton lighting and the Headlight. Decided to go with the LED headlight, why not I bought it for it to see how it goes. Wife got a pic of me finally riding it for the first time since I bought it back on Dec 15 2020. Still need to get the lower Cowl together...
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Installed the offset keyway for the timing advance and removed the LED headlight and the aftermarket EX650 mirrors they shook too much. Rode it to work this AM was a chilly 41 deg F for about an hour total and 45 minutes of that on a state highway doing 60+ MPH. Bike ran out fine found that I forgot to tighten the horn and front Brake line retainer up and just happened to see them loose and tightened them up in a parking lot.

FYI still have the lower will work on that later on after I get my Dodges upper half sealed up on its whatever is leaking.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,266 Posts
how's charging voltage with the mosfet?

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Since the bike is sitting 3 inches taller than when I got it home, and 2 inches taller over stock a side/kickstand was needed and no where to be found. Making one was the only option.

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Bumper Finger Red

21 - 37 of 37 Posts