Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

2nd generation service manual

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  knightslugger 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to download a manual on the 2nd generation EX's? I just acquired a '03 model and I know very little about them.

#2 ·
Try a site search.

You might search on-line for a Clymer's manual. About $23-25.

#3 ·
Thanks for all the advice, but I had rather find one posted somewhere on the net. Other motorcycle (Goldwings, KLE500s, etc. to name a couple) manuals can be found. Why not one for our EXs?

#6 ·
I seriously doubt it!!!

#7 ·
Oldanontheway said:
I seriously doubt it!!!
And your basis for that doubt is... ???

#8 ·
Oldandontheway wrote...
"Dear MrSciTtrek,
Please excuse me if I have offended you in someway. You appear to object to my search. I am simply looking for a website similar to this one, (http://www.instruction-manuals.co.uk/category/motorcyc.htm) that has the service manual posted on it. Now if you cannot be of any help, ...... well you know what to do.
Later"

Excuse you?
One member wrote "Probably because EX riders are law abiding citizens."
You wrote, "I seriously doubt it."
I asked why you doubt that people here are law abiding citizens, and you respond w/ the above.

#9 ·
PMs are to be kept private.  keep them that way please.  If you have a problem with a message sent to you, please report it by clicking the appropriate link in your inbox.

with that said, if there is a link found here that goes against the forum rules (Listing of copyrighted material) it will be immediately and permanently removed without question and the thread will be locked, even if it was an ongoing conversation when the link was displayed.  Having such resources listed here can get the forum owner in really, really big legal trouble.  if you DO find a resource manuel that is supplied to you for a fee, the person at the receiving end of the cash flow most likely got the permission to digitize and resell the material from the publishers, or is operating under the rules and regulations of the revised DMCA as a archiving service provider.  In order for that to be even remotely legal without the consent of the copyright holder, both parties must provide evidence of the original publication and the sale is made for services rendered, not products produced.  Even then, it gets pretty grey.

so to make sure we don't have to dodge the red tape, we'll just take another route. If any of you find a link on the forum that goes against this methodology, you have a moral obligation to report the post to a moderator. it's for the good of the forum.

#10 ·
Gentlemen,
I would like to apologize for the comment that I made earlier. I was only joking in response to the posts made prior to mine. If I had known that some of you would get offended I would have shut up.

#11 ·
Knightslugger said:
PMs are to be kept private. keep them that way please. If you have a problem with a message sent to you, please report it by clicking the appropriate link in your inbox.
I keep PMs private. The message I was responding to was on line, in this forum, when I looked at it yesterday. Now it's not here, so it must've been deleted afterwards.

Would it be appropriate for me to delete mine now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.