Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 500EX. Got it repaired recently to replace both of the front turn signals and turned the bike on, looks like 3 of the turn signals come on just from starting the bike up and stay on, all of them except the rear left signal. Solidly on, not blinking. All the turn signals blink just fine when I use flip the turn switch.

Trying to figure out what to do here, I could take it back or just try and fix it myself. I haven't had a chance to really start troubleshooting, figured I'd post here first. Isn't default behavior for the turn signal lights to be off until turning?

I'd like to start learning about how to care and fix for the bike myself, this seems like a good place to start.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The front signals should be on all the time. But that rear one, something is wired wrong.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
the 2 in the rear should only light up when blinking..

The 2 front blinkers are 3 wires and the back ones are 2.

check to see if you have any short between 2 of those 3 wires in front.. That's the most probable scenario I can guess ;)

I

·
0 Posts
i have the same exact problem. also, on the dash, should the turn signal indicators be half lit or not?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
not

sounds like a short somewhere..

I

·
0 Posts
UPDATE: i fixed this issue, it was simple. two wires for the front blinker were switched.

my left rear signal was on all the time, it was my left front that had its wires crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts