Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roads were clear, couldn't help it had to do it. I bundled up and took off for an hour. ;D My whole winter has been made!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
We got -30*C yesterday and they announce +10 on Sunday...

a 40*C difference in 4 days, even my grandfather has never seen that...

Let's hope I'll have my new tires by then ;)

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
I don't ride until it's 40 in the morning, 60 by the afternoon and all the crap on the road is cleared off. i wait until it rains for a couple days before i roll.

R

·
0 Posts
On Monday I drove home in a white out in the cage. Tuesday morning was recorded at -38*C with the windchill. On Tuesday afternoon I took my bike for a ride once the snow melted off the roads. I think it was around -16*C

:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I get cold when it's below 50F deg. You guys are like those old men that jump
in the freezing cold water. "Polar Bears" is what they call them...

R

·
0 Posts
My hands wouldn't bend by the time I got back to the garage, and my face went numb cause i had to have the shield up so it wouldn't fog. I'll admit it wasn't the most fun ride, but I'm itching to get back out there.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
hollywood said:
No need to be old, I'm 26 and I make sure the jacuzzi outside my parent's place stays open all year round, even if it means walking through the snow in a bathing suit to get there..

Ladies digg the 'experience' ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've pretty much sworn off riding when it's below freezing. You get real unstable on ice and once coming out of a turn I even biffed into a showdrift that had blown across the road. I don't remember having too many problems when I lived in Jersey (prolly cos it was a lot WARMER than Michigan) and basically rode all winter. But after my second winter in Michigan I started storing the bikes from November until April. Although last year I put off the storage until the weekend after Thanksgiving since we had a nice warm spell. Twisted you tha man!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Roads were clear, couldn't help it had to do it. I bundled up and took off for an hour. Grin My whole winter has been made!
Now you make me feel bad about not having insurance yet, I couldn't go out today. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had my bike for 3 days now and it's been raining nonstop. I've ordered some really good rain gear/jacket and pants. I'm waiting for my gear to arrive so the rain won't be much of a problem. Just need to rainX my faceshield and go. What do you guys prefer to ride in.....the rain, the extrememely cold or the snow?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Twangintheblues said:
What do you guys prefer to ride in.....the rain, the extrememely cold or the snow?
Hot summer day is my choice..

rain is the next choice as cold imply snow and snow equals no asphalt.

If I had a motocross with studded tires though, my favourite would be a frozen lake ;D

·
Registered
261 Posts
hollywood said:
I did that the other day on the dirt bike. Not on purpose of course! It's been about 40-50F here most of the snow is almost gone so I took the bike out, blasted through some mud and whatnot, then tried a puddle that turned out to be over a foot deep and full of ice hunks, I went down and that wasn't pleasant! I kept my head up but I was soaked from the chest down. :p

·
Registered
301 Posts
It was mid 40's today in michigan so I was out riding. My bike got covered in salt water but it wasn't a big deal. I just hosed it down when I got home.

My new electric gloves worked awsome!

·
Registered
11 Posts

And I am going to rub it in for the next two months, then it will be 95 & 90% humidity.

Why am I on the internet? I'm going for a ride ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its 53 today and Iwas out for a couple hours so :p there

1 - 20 of 31 Posts