Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I ever put some rubber down today.

Started out going to work Sunday morning as normal day was going to be nice so I rode the bike (125km one way) Than since Monday was a day off, decided after work I would run to Huntsville to see a friend (320km) Got up this morning and said why should I take 11,169,12 back to the 401 they are all mostly straight roads and will be full of traffic. So out comes the GPS and the bikeroads of Ontario webpage http://tmoran.smugmug.com/gallery/131880#4792291 and look what I find, hwy60 right out of Huntsville. So I set up the GPS and off I go. Hwy 60 and 35 are some of the nicest roads I have every run, 60 is full of corners and hills with lakes all around you what a site to see. Hwy35 I can't explain it, lots of signs showing curves for the next 2 or 4 and even 10km all fast long sweepers.

From 35 i jumped on 45 too 503, people call this the best bike road in Ontario, well maybe 45 is better west of 35 where I got on, but that road sucks almost no curves and the road surface its full of holes and bad patches. From 503 I turned south on too 507 now that is a bike road, good surface and lots of other bikes on it with me.

Didn't look much beyond 507 just took the fastest route home from there as I needed to get home for 4pm, but could have found a lot more fun roads if I had the time.

The GPS showed the run home as 376km, so that’s over 800km in less then 36hours. Was a heck of a good ride home, and I picked up some new skills on the way, that was my first real long run at some twisters. However if my bike upgrade does not happen, my butt says we need a new seat before making that kind of trip again
:eek: ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats! It's always nice to set a new milestone in your motorcycling life. Pretty soon you'll be doing IBA events. (Iron Butt Association events. High mileage, short times.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ya I forgot to add, best mileage on this trip too, hit 340km before switching over to reserve, not sure if its the colder air helping or the fact I'm not blasting down the 401 at 135km/h cause most times I hit reserve around 300km

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, 211 miles on a tankful. I wish the R1 could do that. I can only do about 240 km (150 miles) before I have to start pushing..... :-\

·
Registered
109 Posts
dweese said:
Oh Ya I forgot to add, best mileage on this trip too, hit 340km before switching over to reserve, not sure if its the colder air helping or the fact I'm not blasting down the 401 at 135km/h cause most times I hit reserve around 300km
not bad, if you ever go on a non-stop long distance runs with avg speed around 100km/hr you should be able to clock 400km easily before looking for a gas tank. I did a record of 425km on 16L fuel mileage.

Muskoka and Kawartha regions have decent roads for fun riding and exploring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts