Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a 91 ex500 that threw off the magnets on the flywheel and i spent 400 on the whole bike, the part alone is 330 lol. i bought a 86 zx600 for the disk brakes and i put the rear swing arm and disk assemble with a little modification on my ex500. will the flywheel fit on my ex500, any suggestions.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
simple answer. NO. flywheel from a 600 wont fit because its a completely different bike, and the ignition pickup points (Assuming they're not on a separate piece altogether) are VERY likely different

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know if what i should do with this flywheel, does anyone know if there is a quality aftermarket one or another part that will work better, because this seems to be a very common problem..

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you have any extra questions just let me know. I just got done doing that same proceedure on one of my EX500's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you should buy a 2nd generatio (1994+) flywheel, and modify it to work on your bike by following these instructions:

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,12936.0.html
Would anyone have a working link... my 88 Ex-500a been sitting in my basement for almost 2 years ... same problem... "flywheel for this bike is nearly impossible to find" I'd even shell out for aftermarket.. rebuilt bike from ground up .. worked two weeks and kapow... magnet implosion.. :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts