Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an owner's manual for a '92 on eBay. There are currently 3 available.

One has no pic, but says it's new. (Most expensive - buy it now)
Second says '92 and has a blue graphic on the cover. (Auction)
Third says '92 also, but has a pink graphic on the cover (and one place in description that says "Vulcan EX500"?!?!?) (Less expensive - buy it now)

Anyone know what the cover of a '92 owner's manual looks like?

I suppose as long as it's pre-'94 it shouldn't matter much, but hard to tell which is the right one.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
they may just be using stock pics.

my haynes manual is hardcover, and looks like this:

my clymer looks like this

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I've got the same Clymer as the one showing, it goes for all gen bikes since there's a section covering all the important differences on the 2nd gen too.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
id really recommend getting both of them. go to amazon or half.com, and you could probably get both of them at a pretty good price.

they compliment each other very well. there are things in each one that arent in the other... ive found the haynes to be more descriptive in telling you how to do things. ive also noticed that there are some mistakes in the clymer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dragknee said:
my haynes manual is hardcover, and looks like this:
Thanks for the pics, but what I'm looking for is the Kawasaki Owner's Manual, not a repair/service manual. (I got the same Haynes repair manual you have on eBay.)

I realize there's more info in the repair manuals, but I'm just kinda particular, and would like to have an original Owner's Manual, too.

Here are the ones on eBay:
First:

Second:

Both say they're '92, but are obviously different. Which one's the real deal?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Knightslugger said:
what do you need it for anyway?
I just like to have the complete package. I think a vehicle ought to come with it's owner's manual. Just weird, I guess. :-[

1 - 7 of 7 Posts