Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And finally, it's finished! It was almost a year ago when I purchased this beautiful bike, which, unfortunately, had been badly mistreated. I remember as if it was yesterday, when I decided to restore it and bring the girl back to her original shape, and despite many people told me to sell it and buy another one I kept on working.
It has been a challenging year, and many times I thought to throw in the towel, expecially for the rewielding issue, quite a big deal down here, but in the end, it has been done.
I am very happy and proud to show you the result of my hard work, and I wanted to share this joy with the Brothers and sisters of this group!

Before and After:
eddf6d7160f4eb598ec6bb3d92644213.0.jpg
IMG_20210623_121728.jpg

I still have a couple of minor issues to solve: I have to find compatible handlebars risers, horn and belly pan brackets, and a brand new neutral switch (The neutral it's actually grounded xD) but I am very happy about my bike!

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250/17' 300 engine, 07' EX500
3,812 Posts
Awesome job, well done

Reactions: PhantomLord

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
considering what you started with that's nice bike now. well done. with a bit more attention to detail it could be a real stunner.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I agree. Now I want to buy a sticker set, It will look gorgeous.
hi. I was thinking more aesthetics and presentation. it's what makes the bike great and not just a great bike.
if I could make a few suggestions. the front fairing is tilted down slightly. (the faring stay may be bent) the gap (or join) between the tank and the fairing should be even top to btm.
you have some nice painted brakes. on a completely black bike a bit more red would lift it to a new level. perhaps red brake lines. or red coolant tubes. a hint of red in the decals and perhaps even a red covered seat.
or go with a omni colour and repaint the brakes.

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250/17' 300 engine, 07' EX500
3,812 Posts
If your going red, I'd go with deep dark red.

Reactions: PhantomLord
1 - 6 of 6 Posts