Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i noticed that for some reason my break light stays on all the time... i dont know why. does anyone else have this problem on there bike?? the break light just stay illuminated all the time like i ride the break or something and will never unilluminate... it is a 05 ex500...

thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
81 Posts
I assume that you mean that when you hit the brakes the light doesnt get brighter. Thats either a problem with your brake switch (if you're only using one set of brakes), a fuse, a short, or maybe a cut wire. If you could explain whats going on a little better, i can get a better idea of what might be wrong.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It sounds to me that he has the "My rear brake light switch is out of adjustment" problem. Take one of the bulbs out of the taillight and make sure both filaments of the bulb are lit,just to make sure that your brake lights are stuck on. If they are,take a look at the rear brake light switch and adjust if need be. If you need some pics of what I'm talking about,let me know and I'll post some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did modify my rear end with a fender kit. so i had to wire new blinkers but didnt mess with the brakes wires at all... and it is that the brake light stays on bright(like i am holding the brakes) all the time so the brightest of the bright taillight... if that makes since.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is the brake light switch for the rear brakes(my finger is pointing to it). Probably 8 out of 10 times this is the cause of problems like yours. If you turn the nut on the bottom clockwise it will bring the switch closer to the brake pedal,which in turn means you would have to press the pedal down futher to make the brake lights come on. Turning it counter clockwise does just the opposite,it makes the brake lights come on sooner.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts