Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Engine in and exhaust wrapped and on. Decided I could keep full length of mufflers if I straightened a little metal and repainted since damage was only cosmetic. Also, one of my daughters demanded to make an appearance on the build thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Alright. Carbs, radiator, handlebars and fluids are in. Testing everything with the electronics out of the bike to make it easier. Then all that’s left is upholstering the seat and making the electronics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So it is now running and starting on its own and sounds great. I tucked up most of the hosing and wiring except for a couple things I need to make some custom brackets for. Just found and ordered some foot pegs that will work for me and am figuring out the electronics now. One question though. Anyone know where this wire goes? I know it is somewhere under the front sprocket cover, but can’t remember where.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah one goes on the neutral light finder and the other is the oil pressure gauge sensor. that other bit of wiring behind the sprocket is I assume the sidestand wires (these are routed differently) on Euro spec bikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, that’s the stand wires. I have both the oil pressure and neutral light finder in, but there is that weird bolt on wire that I can’t find where it goes. Is it just an engine ground?

·
Registered
780 Posts
not that colour it's not would be black/yellow if it was. or at least have a black trace to signify it is a return wire.

edit. had another look at the photo and the wiring diagram. to be honest I have no idea.
there should only be 4 wires down there according to the book.
light green is neutral finder
blue with red trace oil light
dark green/white and black/yellow. for the stand switch.
what colours have you got connected.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The unhooked one is green/orange. Light green is hooked up to neutral light. Black and green are hooked to kickstand.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The unhooked one is green/orange. Light green is hooked up to neutral light. Black and green are hooked to kickstand.
what colour is connected to the oil light switch.
the only green/orange wire on the whole bike goes from the fuse box to the flasher relay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I guess it could be blue/orange, but all the dirt sure makes it look green.
On another front, the rest of the wiring besides gauges and lights (which I will be making over the next week or so) is all tucked up and everything is mounted.
Here is a video of it finally running: iCloud

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Custom head and turn lights installed finally. Also got the tail lights on. All that’s left is to replace the newly discovered bad starter and upholster the seat.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts