Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have advice for connecting the fuel line to the carburetor with out taking the carbs off the bike?

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you are talking about making a temporary fuel tank.....I use a plastic soda bottle with the base cut out. I then have a temporary fuel line from the bottle (which is sealed inside the soda bottle lid) which connects to a on off tap. The tap has a push on hose fitting which link to the original fuel inlet pipe.

This little setup allow much more access for carb tweaking and balancing etc.
The tap is really handy for connecting/disconnecting the fuel line.
If I've completely missed the mark on what you were asking, I apologise.
Please then reword just what it is you are trying to do.
Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just trying to get the hose connected to the fitting between the carbs to supply fuel. My hands are to big and I cant get the hose over the fitting. I was hoping there was a trick someone had that made it work.

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
I am just trying to get the hose connected to the fitting between the carbs to supply fuel. My hands are to big and I cant get the hose over the fitting. I was hoping there was a trick someone had that made it work.
the fuel rail, provided the orings are not frozen, should rotate fore and aft. Provided you are using a fuel line of proper ID (5/16") a shot of WD40 in the end, then using needle nose pliers to situate it. Note the hose routing....rises upward between the rails, over the front rail and to the petcock.
Stock length is about 8 3/4" long....too long and will likely kink.
Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts