Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have a 2008 ninja 500. When I first start it I warm it up then I ride it but once I ride it loses power and picks back up and kinda sputters. Once I open it up it rides normal I guess. Just dont understand why it does that when I first ride it. I'm new to bikes and hope someone can give me some advice that could help out. I would appreciate it alot. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi have a 2008 ninja 500. When I first start it I warm it up then I ride it but once I ride it loses power and picks back up and kinda sputters. Once I open it up it rides normal I guess. Just dont understand why it does that when I first ride it. I'm new to bikes and hope someone can give me some advice that could help out. I would appreciate it alot. Thanks!
Have you changed anything? Modified the airbox? Kinda sounds like a lean condition. Might try bringing the carburators pilot screws in a quarter turn at a time and see if it smooths out.

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,105 Posts
I'll submit some more background from you is required to provide actual valid, specific advice. Mileage? Full service history? Stock exhaust/intake? Mods? Your specific cold starting technique? General location? Are you at 6,000 ft elevation in Colorado or sea level in Florida? Understanding what I'm getting at?

Reactions: JBlackwell1989
1 - 4 of 4 Posts