Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dabbled in alarm systems? Remote start warm up? Shock sensors... I was looking at a few kits on eBay. My main concern is the potential for additional stress the system would place on the battery. Should I even worry about the additional draw?

R

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it - you already bought the best anti-theft device on the market - a 500cc sport bike :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know one of the guys that helped me get into morocycles told me the same thing... "nobody wants thoes"

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
and he's right. Nobody does. why? Very little resale value for parts. you have much better luck chopping a GSX-R600/1000 or CBR600/1000 or R6/R1...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I whole heartedly agree with you guys but I have had the bike vandalised a few times already. It's just just a pain to clean off urine/beer and/or buying new blinkers or getting new registration tags.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
well, most (decent) alarm kits have triple zone microwave proxy sensors that will sound a blip for about 3 seconds before the whole thing goes apeshit. Scorpion makes a trick unit. it does draw a little more if the bike is off, but it just reenforces that you might start thinking about a battery tender solution. the hardest thing you'll need to work out is the microwave sensitivity. it can be kinda tricky.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knightslugger said:
well, most (decent) alarm kits have triple zone microwave proxy sensors that will sound a blip for about 3 seconds before the whole thing goes apeshit.
Sorry, but what do you mean by triple zone?

Scorpion makes a trick unit. it does draw a little more if the bike is off, but it just reenforces that you might start thinking about a battery tender solution.
So you are saying I will have to address a battery draw issue?

·
Registered
101 Posts
i'm aware of that :), quess what happened, when i opened the package and tested it (01:00AM last summer).
the whole neighbourhood must had jumped off their beds ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts