11,551 Posts
Scott.... I woke up for this.....?

O_E_M

Reactions: ghostt

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
A Gold Wing eh?
Good friend recently picked up a '76 (give or take a year) GL1100. Base model, so no upper fairing. Bit of a project, but it's getting there.
Good luck with yours!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I know the last 2 owners of this 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1200. The recent owner was looking to sell it CHEAP!!!, it's in great shape, new tires, fresh oil change, etc... I and the best part is it only has 32k miles!!!!!!!

Being that I've always ridden either sport bikes or standards, I was unsure if I'd like it, so he offered to let me borrow it for a day to see if I'd like it, and I did.

So I pulled the trigger on it, and now it joins Phoniex and Serenity as part of the stable.

Worse case if I don't like it, and can flip it in the spring time, I and make money on it due to I paid less than half of book valve.

I just need to name it, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Spoiler: I'm working on another project, and it's another EX500 keep an open for it, I've called it.......

Attachments

Reactions: ducatiman and bpe

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
ain't no 500.....thats one BIG motorbike, in good shape, too ....suggested name....the "Giant Behemoth" (reference the 50's horror movie)

and a PM comin' your way too

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember that movie, it was an American knock off of Godzilla

And I'll keep my eye open for the pm

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd love to pick up an old GoldWing. A 1000cc motorcycle from the 70s would be great. Even a 1100 or 1200 from the 80s would be fine with me -- no tupperware. But I haven't found one yet that wasn't thrashed to death.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got lucky on this one, right place, right time, right price.

It does have some issues, but for an 84' it's in great shape.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a fairing-less early Goldwing.

In fact, my uncle has a "ran when parked" barn find of a 1978 GL1000 with 40,000 miles and was only on the road for 3 years and was parked in, of course, the barn in 1981. It's free whenever I want it. In fact, I think he's willing to give me money to make it disappear.
Of course, it needs a LOT of work. The most glaring issue I found in a hot second was the main bundle of wires in the main harness has a massive chunk eaten out of it by mice, to say nothing of the carbs, engine, rusty tank, shot tires, bad suspension, etc.

Yours is much nicer Ghostt.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
One wheelie monster, that is.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
I wouldn't get rid of the EX, but the GW is a very cool ride.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no intention for getting rid of the EX500 aka Phoniex or ninja 250 aka Serenity, the wing will be add to the stable, along side my latest project which is gonna be a mix of an 88, 07 alomg with other parts I've had laying around.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've ridden the Wing a bit lately and I must say it's growing on my, I can see myself doing some long distance rides next season in it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
I would take it to the Keys.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time to update this thread, stay tuned.

But right now @ducatiman is currently doing the carbs for this beast.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
70 Posts
Have you done the rectifier yet? Figured since you have the motor out throwing a Rick's wound one in, would be a win.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Have you done the rectifier yet? Figured since you have the motor out throwing a Rick's wound one in, would be a win.
I think you mean the stator, and yes I got a Rick's stator, which was the reason why the engine had to come out in the first place.

I did the a diy mosfet r/r conversion awhile ago.

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
70 Posts
Lol yes stator, brain fart I recon. Glad you got it done!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts