Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I paid off my EX-500. I was told my title would show up within 30 days. We shall see.

And then, my plan is to sell her and put the proceeds towards my new love, the redesigned ZX-6R.

It's funny, paying things off on one hand makes me sick to me stomach as I just dumped a truckload of money on the Kawasaki card but on the other hand it makes me giddy as in a few short (well, probably achingly long actually) months I will be moving on up.

Just wanted to share the news. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaw89_III said:
You got someone in mind that you are going to sale the 500 to or are you going to sell here or? ???
I will be listing it locally, on base where I work, and online here and probably at a couple of other forums. If people are interested feel free to shoot me offers, but keep in mind I won't have the title for approximately a month.

I am SHOOTING for $3K but will entertain all reasonable offers.

2005 EX500R
* Currently 1500mi
* Stock Exhaust (already sold Sarachus)
* Dremeled rear fender
* Lockhart Philips Speedscreen, dark smoke (will include stock windscreen if you want it)
* Hudson Valley Motosports Stainless Steel Heavyweight Bar-ends (GREAT reduction in vibration)
* Lower fairing (Black) from an 06 EX500R (making the bike black tip to tail)
* Pirelli Sport Demons, stock size in front, 140 in rear (recently re-seated and holding pressure beautifully I might add - no loss in pressure in over 1 month)
* All decals removed save for the tank decals which are covered with black automotive vinyl (can easily be removed)
* Passenger pegs and helmet locks removed, parts should be included though (I am 99% sure I know where they are :) )
* EMGO Stock-style mirrors (I originally switched to EMGO ZX-6 mirrors - they stick out further - but both were either broken off by jerks or by the weight of the cover - since I could not find my original mirrors I went with the EMGOs - they are just like stock though, metal arms and all)

Never dropped, no accidents, etc.

Kept OUTSIDE under cover - cover will not be included as it's damaged from the wind and front fender and will just be thrown in the garbage

And I will even throw in a brand new pair of Nelson-Rigg Silverstreak mini-sport saddlebags, never used.

***** PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an official for-sale post. I put the above information just so people could express interest if they happen across my thread here. I will post a REAL for-sale thread in the for-sale forum when I receive my title. *****

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That's a sexy machine.

I love the all black look

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frog said:
That's a sexy machine.

I love the all black look
I would contend that the below is sexier. :)

Yes, all black is the bomb. This is my car:

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Lacessit said:
Congratulations!

I agree the blacked out zx6 is nice... but that rear fender has gotta go! FAST! WTH was Kawi thinking?!
perhaps that the DOT wouldn't allow such a thing to go on the street without the proper amount of reflective materials... that's what i'm thinking...

When it comes to resale though, you'd be surprised at how valuable that fender can be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Knightslugger said:
Lacessit said:
Congratulations!

I agree the blacked out zx6 is nice... but that rear fender has gotta go! FAST! WTH was Kawi thinking?!
perhaps that the DOT wouldn't allow such a thing to go on the street without the proper amount of reflective materials... that's what i'm thinking...

When it comes to resale though, you'd be surprised at how valuable that fender can be.
The nice thing about the fender on the ZX-6R is that the thing unbolts into several separate pieces. The entire hangy-down piece is one piece and it bolts on via two bolts to the part that houses the taillight and turn signals.

Someone over on kawiforums.com said he had to cut the wires to the plate light to get the lower detached but I am sure there's a better way. But I think this is one case where I will have Competition Werkes do the job for me so it looks more professional.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
the same piece you get from CW you can make for about 3 bux. CW is way over priced.

i think kawi got that one right though. Honda decided that the brake light assembly should be part of the flap, and not the tail.

oh snap. kawi did it too! RETARDS!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats...I remember when I got my ZX6R, the difference is amazing. Going from a twin carb to a fuel injected inline four - simply amazing. So smooth. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think I'd would go with the Honda over the Kawasaki . Looks better and from what I understand they preform better also . Not to mention around here they hold their resale value better , not sure if that stands true for the other places .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
I think I'd would go with the Honda over the Kawasaki . Looks better and from what I understand they preform better also .
Not possible. The Honda doesn't come in GREEN[/color], and everyone knows the green ones are faster.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually for whatever reason I find the Kawis more comfortable than any of the other 600-level bikes. The R6 feels like I'm sitting on a board and the prior-CBR600RR was really high. I'm 6' but the one I sat on at a local dealer, I couldn't hardly reach the ground and the reach to the bars was too much. The GSXR was ok, about the same as the Kawi, but it's more flashy IMO and since I have the Kawi card, it becomes a no-brainer.

The ergos of the prior gen 6R were just slightly better for me than the new one but I want the new engine. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kawi card? I looked into that once. Isn't that the program where you pay something like seventy bucks a month for the first two years and meanwhile the difference is accruing at interest? Sounds more like a credit card to me - and a bad one at that.

Nice 500R! Love the all black....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anonyim said:
Kawi card? I looked into that once. Isn't that the program where you pay something like seventy bucks a month for the first two years and meanwhile the difference is accruing at interest? Sounds more like a credit card to me - and a bad one at that.

Nice 500R! Love the all black....
That's assuming you fall into the sucker deals (they often will have $xx for 24 months then regular payments after, or 0 down 0 interest 0 payments for so long). I went for a deal but I paid it off in lumps as I went, actually worked out pretty nice (the "deal" I had was $49/mo for 24 months with 7.99% for the life of the loan...which isn't a bad interest rate at all for a motorcycle...one of my coworkers who has the highest rated credit possible - I know, he showed me his reports - recently bought a new Harley and the BEST rate available was 9.9%). And it's nice to be able to walk in and just go "Here's my card, I'll take that one please".

They're banking on the people who do exactly what you said above, whereas I never intended to pay past the end of the promotion. My intent was actually to have finished paying the bike off over the summer but I had some other financial matters that took precedence.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you had a little more self control you could have the best deal of all. Save up the full amount then walk out with a shiney new bike at 0% interest ;D

Then if you're careful and willing to take a gamble you can put minimum insurance on your bike for like $150 per year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts