Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

What's your average annual mileage?

Annual mileage?

19K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  Chazzzman 
#1 ·
What's your average annual mileage?

#4 ·
In my 40 years of riding I used to ride a lot. One year (1981) I rode my Yamaha XV920R 36,000 miles. I still have that bike (though it a piece of junk sitting in the back yard now). Two years ago I bought a 2004 Z06 Corvette and now I don't ride my bike any long distances (the car is so much better) and I probably only put 3,000 to 4,000 miles a year on my current bike now (I haven't owned it for a year yet!).

#5 ·
First year of riding - 10,000 street miles
Second year of riding - 6,000 street miles
This year - less than 1,000 street miles

First year of track riding - about a hundred laps
Second year of track riding - a couple hundred laps
Third year of track riding - a few hundred laps

see the correlation? ;)

#7 ·
I think the first year i put on 4k, and this last year around 4k again.

Janinja

#10 ·
commuter said:
My commute is 100 miles per day, about 20K per year. If its raining alot I'll take the truck.
100? wow, That is what... an oil change every three weeks? lol I hope you have stock in K&N :D Where do you commute to and from?

#11 ·
I voted for 10-20, but if I count the miles on a race track it could be me over the 20k margine.

#13 ·
Already this year have bout 700 in before the weather decided to start playing games with us. 80 on day--2 days later 12+ inches of snow but thinking after all is said and done should be around 5k or maybe alittle over especially with gas in the low $3.00 range for the car

#22 ·
My annual mileage has always been over 25,000, sometimes way over. It is going down as I get older. And right now it is being split up among 9 different bikes. My lifetime mileage is well over 500,000.

#23 ·
I've been riding since 1980 and am on my 28th machine. My 2014 Rocket III now has 29K miles on it. I know most people are not as nutty as I am, but even the coldest, wettest or hottest rides to or from work are better on a bike than a cage to me. I am weak minded I know, I admit it. But I NEED a bike in my life to stay reasonable sane.
The ES500 back in Denver only has about 9K miles on it, but if I had it here, it would be my daily ride and the miles would add up quick on it as well.

#24 ·
Oh wow, old thread indeed. This was back when I first joined the forum. In July of 2012 which is when I posted in this thread, exactly 3 years ago, I had 46,000. Now, I'm reading 93,300. I've put a few miles in me thinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.