Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the questions about handlebar risers that make the 500r more like a tourer... my question is whether or not there is a way to LOWER the handlebars to make it feel more like a supersport. any suggestions or comments on whether this is a plain bad idea or if its even capable of being done without interfering with my windscreen/fairing/gastank.

-JC

S

·
0 Posts
Another idea would be to get something like Pro Taper bars, that way you can twist them to give you the height/reach you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woodcraft clip ons lower the height and do not interfere with the fairing. I just put some on EBAY.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I stumbled on your solution by accident. :D At least for us pre-94 guys, I don't know if all EX500's use the same height? One of my risers was bent so a snagged a pair of risers on ebay off a 04 Ninja 250. I had no idea if they would fit but they looked about right and for $10 it was worth a try. Overall they are a lot smaller and a little lighter, but what matters most is they are about 3/4" shorter. They bolt right up without any mods and the bars still clear the tank enough for fingers and not much else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts