Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to get my bike back from the insurance company, it being totaled, would anyone have any interest in parts from a 95 EX500 or would anyone have any interest in buying the bike itself? this will decide whether i just let the insurance company dispose of it.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
The classifieds section really isn't designed for this kind of request. you wouldn't see this in the newspaper, and that's how i base my decisions. i'm moving this to the General Discussion forum.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
pictures ?

they help a lot

What part of that machine are reusable ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey sorry i didnt put it in the right spot, i havent been on here in a while, i will try to put up some pics, the problem is i havent seen it in person but the pics look pretty good, so its really hard to tell, and i dont know the buyback yet?...just wondering if enough buzz would be generated to make it worth it...my leg itself was hit directly by the car, 12 broken bones, so really the biggest damage i believe is from hitting the ground itself, but i dont know personally.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ouch !!!

Are you yourself ok ?

Sorry to hear that :'(

D

·
0 Posts
12 broken bones? You mean 12 breaks? That's gotta suck...

Odds are you could sell the parts from the bike for more than the bike itself. And with all the Ninja 500's around, I doubt you'd have any trouble selling parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ouch, 12 breaks in one leg? I can barely imagine that, having never broken a bone in my body...

That said, if the upper fairing is busted beyond repair, I'll buy it. Check the "Want to buy" section for what I mean.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well technically its 12 broken bones with 14 breaks, femur tibia fibula, 4 broken toes, 4 broken bones in my foot, broken ankle bone, broken pinkie, and a few other, sad thing is i never broke a bone before this, haha o well, if u gotta do it, do it right!

looks they are offering me 2100 for the bike, and never mentioned me buying it back, so i think i may let it go, but i do have a full lower fairing in rough shape from previous owner, if anyone is interested...i will post it later

thanks everyone

·
Registered
348 Posts
holy cow! That's some intense injuries! Best wishes to you and to a speedy recovery!

If there is plenty of tread left on the tires, I would have interest in buying both the front and rear wheels. (so long as they fit on a '88)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
jakew129 said:
haha o well, if u gotta do it, do it right!
High spirits are what heal best, you got it right ;D

eXce!!eNt said:
I would have interest in buying both the front and rear wheels. (so long as they fit on a '88)
They changed size in 94 :-\

·
Registered
31 Posts
it doesnt matter what your insurance company says, everyone has the LEGAL RIGHT to purchase a wrecked vehicle back.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fall, depending on what was damaged and how much they wanted for the bike you should have no problem parting it out. I know I have been looking for a fairing stay on ebay for 2 months and they seem to go for at elast $50 if not more. Tank's seem to be going in the $50 and up range, Wheels seem to be around the $80 mark. If nothing else you could ebay everything and put it about $10 below the dismantlers and sell it all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts