Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just curious if anyone else from these boards are in the Ottawa area? If there is, come spring it might be nice to go out for a ride... figured I would check!

Cheers,

Dave

R

·
0 Posts
Is Kitchener close enough? lol. I'd love to organize an Ontario ride this spring, maybe meet some members of the board!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I go between Ottawa - Peterborough quite a bit.... not usually out to Kitchener though. An Ontario ride would be interesting though!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Are you planning to ride eastward ?

I'm in Montreal ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm planning on driving to work sometimes, go in early and come out late. Rush hour driving in Montreal is crazy. Anybody around Hawkesbury?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dawg said:
I'm in Ottawa.. got my bike just last fall..
where abouts are ya ?
I'm @ Riverside and Bank (Billings Bridge area) you? I just got my bike in June last year.... when you planning on taking yours out for the season? :)

Frog said:
Are you planning to ride eastward ?

I'm in Montreal ;)
I might be up for a ride towards Montreal area once the weather gets nice, it's not that far :)
Once things start getting nice we should organize some sort of a ride... it seems like there are at least a few of us in the general area!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
bprintz said:
I might be up for a ride towards Montreal area once the weather gets nice, it's not that far :)
Once things start getting nice we should organize some sort of a ride... it seems like there are at least a few of us in the general area!
I'm in ! ;D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm pretty sure that can be arranged.

If everything goes according to the plan, I should get a new/bigger apartment before the end of April, with enough place to keep a couple peeps overnight. If I get the benediction of the mistress of the house ;)

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Woo hoo !!! ;D

Now I just have to figure out how to stuff my camping gear on the bike..

R

·
0 Posts
I'd love to come down, but hopefully it's not in May as I'm fully booked! I'll be on Montreal on the May 24 weekend for my bachelor party, but I won't have my bike :(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
What's the plan for your party ?

R

·
0 Posts
Frog said:
What's the plan for your party ?
Show up in Montreal, smoke many cheap cigars, get ripping drunk, and have my buddy's parade me around various strip joints while making sure to not do anything my fiance would hate!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Royson said:
while making sure to not do anything my fiance would hate!
Ooooh, wrong city then man ;)

Try to parade on Ste-Catherine from St-Laurent eastward until De Lorimier

And change the cheap cigars for the hookah lounge on St-Denis. Ever tried a hookah cafe ? also referred as Sheesha or Narghile cafe

http://www.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&q=h...-73.563509&spn=0.038732,0.071068&om=1&iwloc=A

There's La Boom that you can visit too, though the real entertainment is right under there Chez Paré ;) For the girls, you can always send them at the Club 281 the equivalent for ladies.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...pn=0.00473,0.008883&ie=UTF8&z=17&om=1&iwloc=A

If it's a warm sunny day, do show up on mount Royal, there'll be many, many peoples there. ;D

Oh and to buy beer, ask for a depanneur. To buy spirits, learn these 3 letters : SAQ (Société des Alcools du Québec)

One last tip : Don't turn right on a red light on the island ! It's the equivalent of going through a red .. outside the island is fine ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
bprintz said:
I'm @ Riverside and Bank (Billings Bridge area) you? I just got my bike in June last year.... when you planning on taking yours out for the season? :)

Well i'm hoping the weather gets nice and wet soon.. clean off the roads..
but no defined plans yet.. kinda just going to see what the weather lets me do (the earlier the better)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts