Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
linky

Well it has come to my attention that with the Jardine exhaust, you can keep both the centerstand and the lower fairing. It's a tad bit more than the Muzzy aluminum and just a few bucks more than the Muzzy stainless. While it is $112 more expensive than the Vance & Hines offering. I can manage to swallow the larger price though if it means saving my lower fairing and centerstand. I was wondering if anyone had this item installed on their bike and could post any feedback on it.
Thanks -

·
Registered
54 Posts
this thing sounds awsome. i got the left side one just to be different and i got a right side can. it really sounds incredible but the guy that i had tune it said it had melted my lower fairing so i took that off. i already had my cenerstand off from my muzzy so i cant comment on that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
alerbaugh said:
this thing sounds awsome. i got the left side one just to be different and i got a right side can. it really sounds incredible but the guy that i had tune it said it had melted my lower fairing so i took that off. i already had my cenerstand off from my muzzy so i cant comment on that.
Do you have to rejet the carbs with the Jardine 2-1 exhaust?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i reccomend rejetting with any exhaust but i put in uni filters and a stage 1 so i had to

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hehe, I feel that we're going to see FOG 'round here soon ;D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alerbaugh said:
i got the left side one just to be different and i got a right side can. it really sounds incredible but the guy that i had tune it said it had melted my lower fairing so i took that off.
So is your can on the right or left side? I'd actually prefer it on the right side, since the kick-stand is on the left and therefore the bike is more likely to fall on that side when parked.

And I wonder if that melting issue could be avoided with some added heatwrap? I won't even consider this option if I have to lose either the centerstand or the lower fair. At least in the picture on the Jardine site, you can see that the centerstand is still mounted to the bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have mine on the left. they sent a right side can with a left side header. the melting occured from my muzzy so i just left it off. they offer a right side as well i just wanted to be different but i love the sound of this thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts