Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

anyone in FL? i'm in Hobe sound, looking for some ridin' buddies!

Mike

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Where's Hobe Sound?
I'm in StPete

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Melbourne/Palm Bay and sometimes ride my ninja to Boca Raton to go to college. So I ride through Hope Sound all the time. The problem is there are really no interesting places to ride here, its all dead flat and straight roads! Anyway it would be cool to find some other ex500 owners to ride with sometime.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hobe Sound is on the east coast, approx 45 minutes north of West Palm Beach. St. Pete would be quite a ride for me, and orlando is the better part of a couple hours away. there's not a lot of places to go for a ride... from here you can go out to the lake and come back in a couple hours, its a nice scenic ride, but as stated before,, very flat and straight. i have a buddy in sarasota/bradenton with a 250R, so i might ride over there eventually to say hey.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I'm over in the new port richey area, which is slightly northeast of tampa.

·
0 Posts
Hobe sound is really close to me - I live in Jupiter.... but I dont have a bike yet & I still need to take the MSF class. Going to start hitting some showrooms this morning to see what I like and what feels best. Im headed toward a 250r, 500r (other bikes I want to look at are buell blast, suzy gs500f, and maybe... suzy sv650, or kawa versys) Insurance will probably play into my choice =)

Hpe to be rolling in the next month or two (depending when I can take the MSF course)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds great! when you get your bike, let me know so we can go riding! do you have any riding experience? if so, i've got a 500 or two and a 250R you can try out, you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in WPB and have a friend and my roommate who I ride with. Definitely not a whole lot of fun riding to be had around here. Up where my parents live in Ocala is a different story. ;D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats cool, let me know if you ever want to ride... although i work wed-sun 2pm-10pm. we should have a local get together/ride or something!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ft lauderdale here

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm in the UCF area and would be up for riding - give me a shout!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jacksonville

·
Registered
21 Posts
numb said:
Any Gators in Gainesville in this place?
Yeah- I'm in my last year at UF...I live in lake city and I got the bike over the summer so I plan to commute in the fall with the bike. Its not a bad trip either. Do you park your bike on campus?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all, I just picked up my Ex500 from Tampa and rode it down to Miami, (long ass trip). This is my first bike and learning on it. I hope to try to hit the west coast a few times for P/T work on my days off and take my bike to save on gas.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts