Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't know if you all get together like car forums do but I need to do a sprocket/chain change and don't have the tools or jack for it so if anyone wants to give me a hand that would be awesome. I can supply you with food/beer whatever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the riding is good. The winters are mild for the most part so most people ride all year long. We have a good number of places to ride. You can ride up to the North Georgia mountains or go south to Macon and Valdosta. To the east of the city you have Savannah, Augusta, and Jekyll Island which make for a good ride. To the West is Birmingham, Montgomery, and Tuskegee Alabama which are cool rides as well. Also Chattanooga is 2 hours away, Nashville is 4 hours, Daytona and Orlando are 6 hours, and if you really love to ride Miami is 9 hours. This is just a small list. Georgia has a lot of really cool small towns that make for great day trips.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Reggiekw said:
I think the riding is good. The winters are mild for the most part so most people ride all year long. We have a good number of places to ride. You can ride up to the North Georgia mountains or go south to Macon and Valdosta. To the east of the city you have Savannah, Augusta, and Jekyll Island which make for a good ride. To the West is Birmingham, Montgomery, and Tuskegee Alabama which are cool rides as well. Also Chattanooga is 2 hours away, Nashville is 4 hours, Daytona and Orlando are 6 hours, and if you really love to ride Miami is 9 hours. This is just a small list. Georgia has a lot of really cool small towns that make for great day trips.
Thanks for the info man! All the names don't mean much to me right now since I've never heard them before. But I will save the list and make sure to check it out when I move there in a few months. I think my best bet is once I move is to hook up with you guys and just ride. Let me know if anyone wants to give me the "tour".

Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I guess I am moving down there in about a year or so. If you ever eat at a Jet's Pizza resturant, it will be partial owned by my dad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Woodstock for me. Been here for 21 years. Bought the EX500 about a year ago.
New to the forum, but have 6 bikes total & been riding for about 40 years.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts