Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
greenrider said:
Wouldn't mind more people to ride with, especially peeps that can't fly by me at 140 at any given moment. Its very immasculating.
very true, my co worker has a 600rr that can do that. it sucks cuz he can cruze aroung in 3rd when i'm in 5th or 6th :( but mine gets better mpg ;D

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm near Salem, and wouldn't mind a ride once I get my license this weekend! (taking the team oregon class thurs, sat, and sun).

I'm with ESTEWART on the Mt. Hood ride! That would be a nice scenic rally.

Or really anything would be nice. Nobody who rides out here wants anything to do with me because a) my bike is only a 500 b) everyone out here rides choppers and they don't like "ricer bikes", and c) I'm still a newbie lol

Once I get the valve cover back on I'm down to cruise up Hwy99 to P-town (no freeway for me)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Depending on what day, I'd be up for a ride to Portland...I'm in Corvallis, but have been driving all over this part of the state since I got my bike a couple weeks ago.

Andrew: I just drove through Independence the other day. Don't remember the name of the road, but it intersects Hwy 20 between Albany and Corvallis, and runs through Independence....took Hwy 99 back to Corvallis. Good ride.

I've seen 4 or 5 other EX500s since I got my bike and started looking, I was thinking about posting here and asking if anyone would claim them....never got around to it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Xunal said:
Andrew: I just drove through Independence the other day. Don't remember the name of the road, but it intersects Hwy 20 between Albany and Corvallis, and runs through Independence....took Hwy 99 back to Corvallis. Good ride.
Yeah, it has like 3 names lol Independence HWY, Corvallis Rd., and Albany Rd. I like the ride back there when there's no wind. Next time you're up this way, give me a call if you want a riding companion. I'll PM you my #.

I know there's a group of sport bikes that rides through Indy every once in a while and there's an EX or two that rides with them. There's also at least 2 or 3 that go to Chemeketa, and at least 1 that goes to OSU (unless that's you).

·
Registered
165 Posts
jnicola said:
I'm in Portland and just got myself a 500ex. I'd definitely like to go out and ride with some people!
There is a number of ex500 riders in Portland.

Also, Andrew and me ride just about...well, everyday recently, but it seems to happen about every weekend. Now his roommate is in too....fancy a ride down to Salem, we can have 5 bikes, that'd be some fun.

Also, check out http://pnwriders.com. Lots of rides happening there constantly.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Xunal said:
Also, Andrew and me ride just about...well, everyday recently, but it seems to happen about every weekend. Now his roommate is in too....fancy a ride down to Salem, we can have 5 bikes, that'd be some fun.
cause we're fucking awesome like that!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just moved up to Portland!

Anyone want to go for a ride in the next couple weeks, just let me know 8)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Maybe, if anyone EVER checked this thread!

There's a shimmery blue/blue-green 500r that works in Independence, and another one, a beat up gen1, that rides around here sometimes. WHERE ARE ALL THESE RIDERS!? I really need to get some "ex-500.com" cards made up to stick to their seats. Admin? do said cards have your blessing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
a wee bit late to this post as well, but i am in corvallis, and have a 500, now just waiting for some decent weather to drive around in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got mine to where I want it for noW! Newbie but would love to ride with some other local 500s and people who know a little more mechanically inclined than myself. Pm me if interested or if someone wants to start with small rides around the Portland area? Hope to hear from others especially coming up into spring! Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I live in Portland, and would like to ride with some other EX riders. PM me or send an email to [email protected]

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm in downtown Vancouver. Gonna be a while before I'm ready to ride, still learning and working towards getting my endorsement, healing from a broken arm, and my bike needs some work. But after all that, I would be totally down to do a nice long 500 haul with y'all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Beaverton and have an early 1987 A1 EX. I'm just getting it back on the road after getting the carbs rebuilt by Ducatiman. I've had this thing 30 years, it's all original.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts