Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.barender.com/

These things look very handy considering the helmet locks on our 500's are virtually useless. :p

According to what I've read on-line they also help with vibration dampening. I think I may have to get a set. I only wish that they came in black...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Neat idea :)

I don't use that, not compatible with my bar ends mirrors.

I've got myself a chain that's just small enough to fit in my helmet metal loop and in the stock helmet locks on the bike.

I lock one side of the chain, pass it through the metal loop on the helmet, lock the chain on the other side. Then get that bungee net on top. Helmet stays safe and secured, you can have 2 or more locked and no need to carry another key ;) Total cost, under 10$ chain and net.

·
Registered
114 Posts
looks like a neat idea, one of those, why didn't i think of that. One of the pictures shows one in black is it just the model for our bike that doesn't come in black? Besides nothing a little scotch brite pad and some black paint couldn't take care of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cool idea, and Frog, I might steal your "helmet lock" since it's so inexpensive.

I did notice the keyhole looks similar to the old Kryptonite U-lock keyholes. That makes me a little wary ever since the entire "you can pick a U-lock with a Bic pen!!" fiasco a little while ago. I'm fairly certain Kryptonite has since changed something in their U-locks, but not sure how long the BarEnders have been around.

Good find though, I wonder how well it helps with vibrations????

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
stogiedmb said:
Cool idea, and Frog, I might steal your "helmet lock" since it's so inexpensive.
I share for the benefit of the community, feel free to use it. Besides, I can't afford to patent it ::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts