Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright when I brought my used Ninja the front fairing around the headlight was cracked but was sealed over, didnt look too bad. Well after I baught it turns out all but 1 of the headlights bolts were broken and the others had been sealed/glued to hold into place. Well after like a month of driving the bike, the last bolt broke and the other spots that were glued came aloose. So as now all of the headlight bolts are broken off and the tabs on the front fairing the bolts go into are also broekn off :mad:. So the headlight just bounces everwhere.

Again I didnt do any of the damge but it was all there from the beginning. So my question is there anyway to make a bracket or some other way to hold the light into place w/o buying a new front fairing and headlight? I might buy a new headlight since there cheaper but a fairing cost like $400/500. I tried ducktape and failed, I would take a pic but I have to run to work. I'm pissed, I didnt know anything about bikes when I bought it so I didnt even really ask about the damage or what happeneind :(

-one last thing anyone know what coolant we should used to for the bike. mines low, the auto store said I should go to a bike shop.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Use a coolant that says it is safe for aluminum.

Pick up either epoxy or a fiberglass repair kit at any auto parts store. You'll also need some metal to form brackets and screw clips - you can get these at Home Depot or Lowes. It's pretty simple to fasten the brackets to the fairing with epoxy. You might need a hand holding the headlight in position while you place the brackets in the right spot and epoxy them to the fairing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Thanks man, I had tried using some caulking glue but it won't hold. Me and father will try to make brackets. I knew it could be done, just wasnt sure how.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Keep an eye in the for sale section ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry to dig up an old thread but i have the exact same issue with my headlight and faring and wanted to know how this turned out.

The bottom two brackets on the headlights and on the fairing are broken completely off. the top two are still in place so my headlight does not sit flush with the fairing and moves back and forth while i drive.

any ideas for quick fixes? slow fixes? any fixes???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts