Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity are my forks bent? Look at the pictures below. Plus I have the tire rod out because I was reding some brake work could this be why its bent for now. If they are bent do they need to be replaced or fixed?

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, forks are bent, and the lower triple clamp too; maybe the front axle; maybe dented the front wheel. Took a pretty good smack.
Frame damage, usually not, but look closely around the frame neck area for distortions.
If I hadn't discarded that old bent frame I could take a picture, but alas, it's gone.

Options:
Find nearby shop that does straightening, or if we've sued them all out of business, go shopping for straight used parts, you know where...

[note: tire rod = front axle]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, forks are bent, and the lower triple clamp too; maybe the front axle; maybe dented the front wheel. Took a pretty good smack.
Frame damage, usually not, but look closely around the frame neck area for distortions.
If I hadn't discarded that old bent frame I could take a picture, but alas, it's gone.

Options:
Find nearby shop that does straightening, or if we've sued them all out of business, go shopping for straight used parts, you know where...

[note: tire rod = front axle]

Awh man just another thing to fix haha ok thanks! Ill look around

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some folks buy a parts bike, just sayin'
You can get the forks with a lower triple clamp for less than a $100, you have a choice of several, you know where...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get the forks with a lower triple clamp for less than a $100, you have a choice of several, you know where...

Just wondering if I were to purchase in the future after resolving the main current issues the bike has. Could i just purchase forks like this and replace them with these?
Just wondering if I were to purchase in the future after resolving the main current issues the bike has. Could i just purchase forks like this and replace them with these?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts