Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
First, get those wires connected back in their proper place. Notice in the photo, the upper terminal has a common connection going to the plug in socket. I am now ging to check the drawing- And one question, with the wires back in their proper place, is the 30 amp fuse still blown?

Registered
I think we are OK-let us go further now

Registered
What happens when you key on?
Before you key on, disconnect the regulator plug and the stator plug.

Registered
I know it is asked all the time --in neutral, clutch pulled in, side stand up if not in the neutral position -Kill switch is in the enabled position

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes all the safety switches are off now It cranks when I jump the solenoid but I hear nothing from the solenoid when I push the button

Registered
Good.

Registered
Next step, I need you to check all your fuses, ECU , headlight relay fuse.

Registered
Another test to prove the start circuitry, the stator plug, disconnect it, the side going into the harness. Also does the horn work? I need the horn to prevent further electrical damage. What colour wires go to the horn,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
All that's showing hor switch has a black and yellow wire going to and a black and white wire going from the switch to the horn itself and a brown and black going from horn to fuse panel

Registered
Horn does work all lights work I'm thinking it's the ignition switch in the handlebar
Your headlight comes on? What year is your bike?

Registered
Horn does work all lights work I'm thinking it's the ignition switch in the handlebar
I am working on the start circuit, which is why I ask. The horn is going to be used as a current limiting device to turn on the headlight relay which goes through the start solenoid circuit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
06 headlight is on solenoid is now clicking but will not start I think I fried this solenoid as well

Registered
You say the light comes on just keying on? Not good.

Registered
Well we are at that stage, me needing a drawing or assuming your bike is like all those I listed. If so you need to pull the relay box. One quick test, unplug the connector at the start solenoid and key on, tell me if the headlight comes on.

Administrator
Rectangle Schematic Font Floor plan Parallel

Registered

Registered
I am going to need to leave and come back later. That clicking, are you talking the headlight relay or start solenoid?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts