Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion on what are the best wearing tires out there ? I have 4,000 mi. on my stock tires and the back is toast. The front is like brand new. I want to replace them, but I would like a tire that will give me more milage. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Don't blast it that much

Don't use as much rear brake

Longer lasting tire have a tradeoff.. Less grip

I've heard that you're to expect to use 3 rear tires for 1 front (haven't used 3 rear yet though ;))

Just got myself 2 new round smelling like new rubbers from Metzeler, they were the only one set fitting my gen 1 available at the local shop. No complaints so far. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't say on the mileage but I had about the same on my stockers and they weren't too bad. I purchased a set of the Michelin Pilots from (someone help me out here). There is a previous thread on here about them. They were 110 Shipped to my house plus 20 a tire to have'em mounted at the local shop. So that is 150 grand total for a set of tires. Not too bad most of the backs I was looking at were almost 150 just shipped to my house so even if i only get 3000 out of them that is still pretty cheap

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jkrup47 said:
I purchased a set of the Michelin Pilots from (someone help me out here). There is a previous thread on here about them. They were 110 Shipped to my house ...
$110 for a pair including shipping is a good price (even in 2007). Where did you buy it from?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Avon AM26 Roadrider.

K

·
0 Posts
Bridgestone Battlax BT45, a dual compound tire, softer on the edges, harder in the center, good grip and good mileage. BTW, no matter how many miles a tire can run, after a while the rubber gets hard and grip is compromised, somewhere around 3 or 4 yrs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts