Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 EX500 is having an identity crisis. It either works really well or not at all. Last week I was riding it and it and the bike died on me on a the way up a hill. It had power but would not turn over. When I put the choke on it started for a couple of seconds but them died again. I had to push it home. The next day the bike ran great, no problems. The next time I rode the bike it worked great. Yesterday I had the same problem as before.

The carbs where professionally cleaned a few months ago and after the first time it broke down I checked them to make sure and they are clean. Could this be some sort of electrical problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Filler cap vent is plugged.

FOG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the Filler cap vent inside the tank and does it run to the hose coming out of the back of the tank? If it is inside where is it and should I be able to see it? If I should be able to see it then I don't think it has ever had one since I owned it.

Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Why is filler cap so hard to understand? The vent is built into the filler cap. No hose, Thats a drain for the area aroung the filler neck.

FOG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, I found it and I doubt anyone will believe me but before the read the last two post. It makes a lot more sense now that I have found what I am looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts