Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
start at times now. sometimes my 92' 500 will fire right up and other times, the starter relay just click. This has happened a few times this week. When the starter relay click, I have to put the bike in gear to push start it. Any ideas? Is that a sign that the starter relay or the starter is going bad?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Check your battery,

It's probably dying.. Check if the liquid level is high enough, check if it hold it's charge.

That is the most probable scenario.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I charged the battery a few days ago when the starter relay click started happening. The water level is just a hair below the top line on the battery and it seems to hold charge. it's just very strange because the bike fires right up at times and other times, the starter relay just click. Once the relay clicks, the only way i can start the bike is by putting it into gear and push start. Not even my booster jumper can start it.

Thanks for the feedback non the less and hopefully someone with similar experiences can chime in.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I got to admit that this one seems over my skills..

Ususally, if the relay clicks, it means the bike is good to go and want to start, but the starter is not turning (usually due to the battery being low or dead)

Maybe bad wiring on the starter ???

Let's see if anyone else has a suggestion :)

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
ex5seeker said:
I charged the battery a few days ago when the starter relay click started happening. The water level is just a hair below the top line on the battery and it seems to hold charge. it's just very strange because the bike fires right up at times and other times, the starter relay just click. Once the relay clicks, the only way i can start the bike is by putting it into gear and push start. Not even my booster jumper can start it.

Thanks for the feedback non the less and hopefully someone with similar experiences can chime in.
Check battery connections especially the ground strap.

FOG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts