Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....naw, not mine, my little brother's brand new Kantana 600, he's had it about 2 months.

Somebody ran a light and he t-boned her but good, both bike and car appear to be totaled.(car has paper tags-new) He's lucky to be alive with both legs as it looks like he hit her with zero braking going maybe 40, the whole car door was pushed in about 8" and the window was broken out, and the rear wheel was pushed in about 4" at the top on the car! The bike has twisted bent forks, missing all turn/mirrors, casing rubbed through, oil leaking, headlight off, front fairing toast, exhaust canister bent. Was a blast in 90 degree heat and my bike gear on trying to get 500 non-rolling pounds up the ramp and on the trailer. Now i need a doctor too as my back is shot. :'(

He's was wearing a helmet but not much else (idiot, i keep telling him to put that sh!t on!)

Anywho my phone rings and i get this:
"Hi, this is the St Pete PD, are you the brother of Nic W.?"
Did not wanna hear the next sentence which usually starts out like this: "Can you come identify his body please?"

I've been trying to get him to take biking a little more seriously, maybe he will now..... or sell it

Cops said i had "20 min" to get there before they towed it, which was nice, had to haul a$$ on my bike to my brothers bike accident...lol

Anywho, took some cel pics and will post them when i get them off the phone.

He's still at the hospital getting x-rayed and CAT scanned, may have a broken leg and he's beat up enough so they gave him morphine. d'oh!

ATGATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Pfew !

glad to see the your brother will get out of this one in one peice.

ATGATT indeed !

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here we go:

the bike is worse then it looks, the forks and handlebars are about 20 degrees off and bent back about 10 degrees and check the bent axle on the back of the car

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
ouch !

How's the cager ?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frog said:
ouch !

How's the cager ?
She's the redheaded b*tch in the shot, shook up but ok, covered in glass of course.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Is that the cell's antenna in every pict ?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
;D yeah, i was kind of hot and bothered dragging that 500lbs beast around, the front wheel didn't want to turn as it was jammed back into the lower fairing

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked the cop if the bike was drivable on the phone and she said "not sure but I don't think so" ???

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Glad your brother is alive! (My brother was always scared to get a bike, but drowned while out on his boat.)

I hope your brother heals fast and your back is better soon!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, dude that sucks about your bro, life vests are the boaters version of helmets i guess.

My brother had his Fieldsheer jacket tied around his waist.....didn't seem to help as much there.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
^ I hope he'll know how to wear it next time..

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here, no antenna shots: ;D
he sore with some road rash and nasty swelling in several spots but he'll live...

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So on futher questioning of my brother, who's had a VFR750, a Ninja600 and a dual purpose Suzuki 400 in the past before the Katana, going back to the early '90's, he has never had a motorcycle license or taken the MSF course......sigh, what an idiot, and how/why did the dealer let him leave the lot without one....??!?

He had his riding jacket with him, it was TIED around his waist!! Lot's of help there it was....

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
wolf66 said:
So on futher questioning of my brother, who's had a VFR750, a Ninja600 and a dual purpose Suzuki 400 in the past before the Katana, going back to the early '90's, he has never had a motorcycle license or taken the MSF course......sigh, what an idiot, and how/why did the dealer let him leave the lot without one....??!?

He had his riding jacket with him, it was TIED around his waist!! Lot's of help there it was....
He was making $4000 off of him... and he could care less...! i don't blame him.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well they leave themselves open to lawsuits that way, the kawi dealer where i bought my EX would not let me drive it off the lot since i had zero time on a bike. i had to ride off on the back with my older brother, went to his house and i drove it home from there, a quite exciting ride across 15 miles of city..

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
when my buddy bought his CBR600RR, the most riding experience he had was around the block on a friends GSXR...

they werent going to let him ride it home, but they were just like "dont wreck" and sent him on his way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts