Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, my friends R6. We went out for a nice spirited ride yesterday on some local roads and we got back to his house. his bike had just over 200 miles on it. Now this guy is pretty experienced, been riding for the 10 years I've known him, and his only major accident was when he got rear ended at a red light by some dude on a cell phone.

Anyway we park the bikes in his driveway and go in the house, we were in his kitchen getting ready to cook some food. All of a sudden ...BAM... huge thud outside, we both run out and see his bike about 30 feet away from where he parked it in his front lawn. Best we could figure is that the kickstand wasn't fully down so the bike rolled forward down hill, slid against his car upright then rolled onto the lawn and fell over. The total damage was his passenger side mirror on his car broke off. The bike was covered in mud on the one side and a small stress crack around one of the bodywork mounting screws, but other than that completely unharmed.

We couldn't figure out what the loud sound was, maybe the plastic from the mirror breaking, but we aren't really sure. I think the bike was just tired and felt like it needed a nap.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Might be a good time to help him get the habit of parking in gear, or cross slope.

Glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Maybe the bike wanted to peek in the window to see what you guys were up to, the car got pissed and tried to take a swing, and when the bike reeled back out of the way he grabbed the mirror for balance, ripping it off and falling in the mud. He couldn't get up or you'd know he was wandering around the yard unmonitored.

When I hauled my bikes from the apartment to our house, somehow the Ninja leaned over to the left, dented the KZ's tank with the clutch lever, and stood back up straight. The straps were all in place and snug before and after. The only evidence was the dent and the purple paint on the EX's lever. :eek:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Change the title of this thread to : Toy Story III scenario writeup.. ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts