Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my bike had a dead battery, the battery died on me once, so i put the charger on it it started once and ran but didn't work after that. Ok need a new battery, the one that I had in there was 4 years old, something i was expecting. So today i bought a new battery, filled it to the appropriate level, and put it back in the bike. Still no power. So I check the fuse box on top of the battery no blown fuses.

Is there another fuse box?

What else could be wrong?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Check the main fuse at the starter solenoid it should be a 30 amp.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed, basically it boils down to user error. I guess I missed one of the cells when I was filling the battery...

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
dragknee said:
when that happens, you say that the problem exists between the handlebars and seat :)

I really like that line. A subtle way of Identifying the central problem with all Motorcycles.
After participating on this and several other forums, for many years. Witnessing a fairly good cross section of the population, (at least the ones with opposed thumbs and a computer) It is a fact that 90% of all the problems with the EX are cause by that single element. Either through ignorance or Malfeasance (pipeandajetkit) the central cause remains "the connection between the Handlebars and the seat".

FOG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts