Registered
2,832 Posts
To quote the Del Lords from their song Judas Kiss:
"Now there is right and there is wrong..."

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think I'll pass on that one. Pretty sure its got a bent frame.

On the other hand, it could be a guaranteed race winner as long as the transponder is mounted somewhere near the front axle.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It's actualy an EX Adventure bike conversion that went off that last jump just a little too fast.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
2004 Cafe Sport. 1064cc. Brembo wheels and gold-line brakes. Full Öhlins, to include steering damper. Ferracci carbon slipons, and others. All yours for $4500. A steal for a bike of which Guzzi made probably 200 or so. In Richmond, CA. You my have seen this, Sean.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Reactions: ridervfr

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #747 ·
Thanks for posting! Truthfully that’s the first I’ve seen of it ….and I didn’t know those were as rare as that. 200 examples is a rare bike even from that era of Guzzi.

I’ve not been on CL nearly as much these days for a number of reasons…..not the least of is the impending arrival of our first grand son.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It's set up for touring/commuting, so it has probably been well cared for. Mine is more common and there were only 232 made, with maybe 1/3-1/2 of that in North America. They're all scarce, but that is slowly changing. Seen the 2022 V100?

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #749 ·
Yes. Pretty cool. Vaguely reminds me of the Sport 1100i. In the red anyway.

The green/silver for what ever reason doesn’t look as good. I think the 2 tone paint breaks up the flow of the lines that the red seems to accentuate. Just MHO anyway.

The step to liquid cooling and a wet multi-plate clutch seem a good move for the future of the brand. I just wish they’d do a new big block sport twin.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yes. Pretty cool. Vaguely reminds me of the Sport 1100i. In the red anyway.

The green/silver for what ever reason doesn’t look as good. I think the 2 tone paint breaks up the flow of the lines that the red seems to accentuate. Just MHO anyway.

The step to liquid cooling and a wet multi-plate clutch seem a good move for the future of the brand. I just wish they’d do a new big block sport twin.
Well, now that is the big block. Assuming 1000+/-cc, DOHC, Intake on the inside, exhaust out, the heads rotated 90º from the air-cooled versions. Drive is now on the left with a single-sided swinger. The engine/trans has been put on a major diet and shrink wrap, being much leaner than before. So, if the intakes are inside, that means (finally!) a single throttle body. Conjecture abounds and we will not know until EICMA.

The small blocks V7/V85 are not worth talking about. Hipster trollers. They were always done by the B-team and it still shows.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·
My understanding is, it is 1050cc but is not a big block. It is not derived from the old big block in any way. It is a modular engine which can be built into a number of displacements.

One article I read stated the bottom end was more related the current V85 engine but I don’t know if that is fact or conjecture. The article did not cite any basis for that statement.

It would make sense though as the V85 powered models are the only ones returning next model year. Even that may be conjecture as the info comes from the same article.

I don’t remember where I read it as I was just surfing the web when I found the article. I do know I’ve not been able to re-find said article.

I want to say it was in MCN but I don’t remember or if were MCN or MCN Australia. I could not find the same article in MCN online though.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The V85 has a designed in HP range. So, something must have changed. A lot.

741 - 752 of 752 Posts